OB2 H22A swap into OBD1 91 Accord ECU question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

George709

Big dummy
I'm looking at putting an OBD2 H22A from a Prelude into my OBD1 CB7, wondering if someone has any experience with this swap, and exactly what jumper harness I will need to use the Prelude ECU. Any help appreciated, a newbie but very eager to learn.

More so, my question is do I need an OBD2b or OBD2a - OBD1 jumper harness.. Thanks in advance.

Or would the year of the car that the H22 came from have to do with whether or not it's an OBD2a, or b?

Been up late researching, and apparently I should use an OBD1 ECU with my OBD2 motor? how does this work?

I'm having a hard time making sense of things because all differenct pieces of information are scattered around forum posts and most of them go against one another so I don't know what to do at this point. Any insight? thanks.

What ECU do I need to use? could I use the ECU that came out of the Prelude with a conversion harness, or do I need to use a P13 from a 92-95 Prelude?

would be easier to run it on obd1 electronics on the obd1 ecu, generally speaking you want to stay the same obd generation of the far for simplicity , but I mean it should all plug up for the most part its going to be a obd2a h22 soo just throw the obd1 distributor in it or juse a jumper harness to use a obd2 dist with the obd1 plug and be done and plug everything else up

would be easier to run it on obd1 electronics on the obd1 ecu, generally speaking you want to stay the same obd generation of the far for simplicity , but I mean it should all plug up for the most part its going to be a obd2a h22 soo just throw the obd1 distributor in it or juse a jumper harness to use a obd2 dist with the obd1 plug and be done and plug everything else up
Thanks man, I appreciate the information!

Back