obd1 car obd2 engine??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

e sol im not trying to prove you wrong or nothing, its just that i do swaps all day long, therefor i do wiring all day long. Not only is my hatch a Cx, but a week ago i just put a B16 in another CX hatch. so if your exterior harness has a one wire 02 set up then your interior harness is going to have a one wire 02 set up, plugging in the 4 wire 02 exterior harness still leaves the 1 wire 02 interior harness, all it does is add 3 extra wires to the harness up to the shock tower plugs, but from the plugs on the shock tower to the interior of the car, those 3 wires are not there.

the 3 other wires tap into other wires on the harness
there is no need to bring them all the way back to the ECU... you can but its not needed
even on cars that have 4 wire O2 sensors stock still dont go all the way to the ECU with all of the wires

1 wire to 4 wire O2 sensor wiring

1 white wire --- sensor signal output
1 green wire --- sensor ground
2 black wires --- sensor heater (power and ground)

connect the white wire to the single wire
connect one black wire (does not matter what one) to a SWITCHED power source (if its not a switched power source the heater will never turn off and it will burn itself out)
connect the other black wire and the green wire to a known good ground (you can splice the two together so you only need to run one wire to a ground)

ill try to get ahold of bill and have him let you know exactly what he did

Back