obd1 into ek civic using y7 harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kenny2189

so the car is an ek hx took motor out put in built b20v sold that motor now putting in a d15b8 but using a y7 harness i depined the ecu harness and connector for the iacv that is no problem but i need to wire in the iat sensor i believe one wire goes to ground and the other goes to the ecu and i need to know what pin to splice into the ecu because the y7 harness does not run a iat sensor . i know i dont have it wired right because the car is throwing a code 10(iat sensor) any help would be great what i found was pin d15 on the obd1 ecu.

Im not really understand what you did, but if you depinned your whole ecu harness and went to obd1 then the input should be d15 (red/yel wire) and the other end should be sensor ground d22 (grn/wht)

i did not depin the whole ecu i just depined the iacv from a14 to a12 and removed a13. does it matter if i just use a engine ground for the iat sensor or do i have to use the ecu ground? so far i have spliced into d15 with one of the iat sensor wires and one to just engine ground. i am using a rywire jumper harness so there is no colors on the wires i need to splice into

I would use the sensor ground instead of the engine ground, it may be the reason you are still getting the code

Im not sure where the iat is on the y7, I know its like that on the b18a2 (99-00 civic si) so maybe.

Back