odd motor swap in a Ford Ranger

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I like, but my only thing is... why weld that 90 degree to the compressor housing instead of spending $12 on a 90 degree coupler.

damn y0.. better add some weight to the rearend.. its gonna get squirley

ahh damn. i see 22below signed up. welcome bro. i love your Ranger man i cant wait to see it done. how hard was it to fab everything to get the S2k motor in?

Looks freakin great. The S2k swap seems easier than what you've done to the front suspension. That's what I wanna see !

damn that's fuckin nice! :thumbsup:

I will have more progress pics of the turbo, in a few weeks.
Recently built new control arms and got the Ron Davis radiator in the truck...the exhaust manifold is built and the intercooler piping had to be redone because of the radiators size.
4122009122230AM16501.jpg

4122009122512AM58321.jpg

4122009121923AM23961.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, this is awesome. Seriously, how hard was the fab to keep this thing from getting run over? Id like to have a few more baggers in my time. I'd like a 71-72 ish old school chevy, an early 80s clean ass mofo, and either another mini truck with a rat sort of appeal, or an old ass rat rod. This is one hell of an interesting build though, Id like to get me a piece of that.

Wow, this is awesome. Seriously, how hard was the fab to keep this thing from getting run over? Id like to have a few more baggers in my time. I'd like a 71-72 ish old school chevy, an early 80s clean ass mofo, and either another mini truck with a rat sort of appeal, or an old ass rat rod. This is one hell of an interesting build though, Id like to get me a piece of that.

The 67-72 Chevys can look good bagged, my only problem with it is that they are getting very hard to find especially in a rcsb. I guess I have seen too many of them hacked up. One day I will own a 67.

The 67-72 Chevys can look good bagged, my only problem with it is that they are getting very hard to find especially in a rcsb. I guess I have seen too many of them hacked up. One day I will own a 67.
theres a rc step side for sale just outside of town, its an original 6 cyl 3 spd (on the tree still) but its in rough shape, and they want too much for it. id be down if it was like 800. I do like the fleet side better for a bagger.

yeah the fleetside c-10s look sic laid out but a flareside would be dope as hell to see layin body because you dont see those laid out too often...

yeah, I actually prefer the fleet side. I think they look better in matte paint. the step side looks good as a show truck.

I'd like to try to get an s10 to lay doors. that looks pretty sweet too.

Ambitious, but I still can't stand slammed trucks. Lifted Toyota Pickups, FTW.

I can't stand jacked up trucks, so we've reached an impass.

Back