Of all the luck.....Project Reno

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hip hip hooray for walter....seen his car run....runs and sounds good!!!......btw this is leroys brotha......walter im going to be there wednsday to finish up my exhaust on the rex and hopefully my brother will pick up the interior today from frank...i payed him up and should get it to my place thursday.....hopefully if no problems occur everything will be on schedule......btw ur civic is madd tight jdm yoooo!

and it's getting decent gas milage....103 miles on it so far...and it runs smooth.....but he just to go get temp plates on it...so the milage will be off....but he just topped it off again...and it's at 32.5mpg...so a little more time to wear everything in....

but he's getting some backfires on hard acceleration, and when you let off the gas....so I did a timing check...800ish RPM's, plug under the dash shorted, and the timing lite showed the middle mark of the 3 tiny marks on the crankshaft pully. Timing is dead on....so we got to look into a possible intake manifold leak, or a cruddy vaccume line is leaking.....

but also...since there is a huge CAI on it...and a header + the huge fart cannon on the arse....and nothing done to the tiny little fuel injector :p ...I guess it will remain an underpowered shinny turd. but he is set up perfectly for some ITB's or Weber carbs down the road when he gets to reno and settles in to his new job.

clayton.....might wanna re-check the cam timing.......my four door had a back fire whenever i pushed it tooo much....just a thought....could be wrong.....when me and leroy did the cam timing on the motor everything was at tdc so idk why it would be but would be safe to recheck

if it was off a tooth then i doubt it would run and idle as smooth as it does...

he doesn't have an adjustable cam gear on a sohc nonvtec does he?

1: Your sandblaster looks canadian.

2: Every post you make with pictures in it has Corona bottles or boxes visible SOMEwhere. You sir, are a true drunk.

DPFI is actually capable of serious fuel flow.

As far as the backfiring - I can see that on letting off the gas, but on throttle ? That's wierd.

no he dosent have an adjustable cam gear.....it would be very helpful if he did tho to get it timed perfect....i would re-check the cam timing :thumbsup:

Do you still have timing marks on that main pulley ?

I put my timing marks on wrong, and I have to time by ear :)

yea the marks were still there when me and my bro timed it....the cam gear at tdc and we set the crank to that singled out line like your supposed to.....dunno why it should not be on timing correctly.....lines were dead on

if i could remember dizzy timing should be 18 degreed btdc.....which would be the middle of the tree lines....dunno tho.....guess its time to trouble shoot......now that i think of that.....look in the civic book that walter has...the hemls i believe....at the begging theres abunch of trouble shooting and one should say veicle backfires and gives a list of solutions or suttin.....i would check that also

<---not as drunk as I used to be...old age I guess.

and somebody left their cell phone here last night.

I just called him...he said that it was doing the back fire thing half way to the DMV.....but after a while...it stopped. So I'm thinking intakemani leak, vaccum leak, or clogged or not too free flowing fuel filter....I did dump a heafty amount of seafoam in his tank...it might have loosened up something...and some of the gas in the tank is over 2 years old.... :ph34r:

lol.....i forgot i left it with my other stuff....its ok tho ill scoop it up when i return......hopefully its nothing serious on his car......maybe it was crap in the tank or gaskets just starting to seal nice....oh well....see ya later

tip ala airjockie

NEW vacuum lines, ZIP tie each end on the nipples of the manifold

seafoam is the drink of gods.

<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">Well Look's like walt is off to RENO this weekend. Best wishes. Have fun!</span></span>

reno.jpg

<span style="color:#3333FF"><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms"><div align="center">From your buddy Leroy</div></span></span></span>

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Arial Black">My favorite quote: "Still doin, yah hair with a weed wacka,...hun!" - Walter W.</span></span>

fun story....been there before (with a Ford 351C) glad to see everything got sorted out...one of the best "Make you smile" threads ive read in a while. and holy crap clayton....belt....wear a belt.

Back