oil gauge sensor mounting location

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

micrometer50

Ok, so i bought an oil temp and pressure gauge with my car, and it really didn't give me clear instructions as to where to mount the sensor. I have just installed an oil filter relocation kit, so it would be really easy for me to stick the sensor where the oil filter used to be (the part where the oil comes out from the block). Would this work? And if Not, where would be a good place to stick it?
thanks

It should have a T-fitting with it. What you do is unscrew the oil pressure sending unit from the back of the block (1-pin sensor close to the oil filter), screw in the T-fitting, put the oil psi sending unit on the end of the T-fitting, and the sensor for the gauge on the part that sticks out of the T-fitting.

oilpsiswitch1fh.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Originally posted by civicious@May 22 2005, 07:28 PM
It should have a T-fitting with it. What you do is unscrew the oil pressure sending unit from the back of the block (1-pin sensor close to the oil filter), screw in the T-fitting, put the oil psi sending unit on the end of the T-fitting, and the sensor for the gauge on the part that sticks out of the T-fitting.

oilpsiswitch1fh.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
[post=502319]Quoted post[/post]​

great pic....(civicious).....lol
Looks good.......................

yeah..You can also get the t-fittings from Home depot...if you dont have it...
HOME DEPOT is your friend....lol

Or get on of those adapter fittings from stealthmode.com for $20 :thumbsup:

Originally posted by 92CHB@May 22 2005, 09:39 PM
Or get on of those adapter fittings from stealthmode.com for $20 :thumbsup:
[post=502350]Quoted post[/post]​

woahhh..20 bux...wow...Thats expensive man...home depot has it for under 2 bux......
I'll get the part number for ya tomorrow.....

Yeah, that's INSANE to pay that much for a damn t-fitting...the gauge should have come with one though...

Back