OLED keyboard

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sabz5150

FALCON PUNCH!!!
I want one... I want one... I want one... I WANT ONE NOW!!!

keyb_001.jpg

Each key is an OLED display that can change what it's displaying for whatever program/language/game you are using.

eng.jpg

Photoshop:

psd.jpg

Quake:

qua.jpg

keyb_002.jpg

"I like my computers fast, flashy, and big... cuz I'm S to da Z!" (insert music video)

Anyway, the possibilities for this thing are endless... the modders can have their Klingon, Romulan, Predator, whatever keyboards... and you know it won't be but a day after it's released that someone writes a full on display driver for the thing. Having your keyboard turn into a spectrum analyzer for Winamp/XMMS or have it create a ripple effect like water when you press a key.

Badass lil toy.

If the links don't work, go here: http://www.networkmirror.com/kGbtdYXO27P7L...imus/index.html

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 14 2005, 07:56 PM
an IE icon, but no firefox button? they keyboard sucks :p
[post=526151]Quoted post[/post]​

Look at the first picture :)

Dude that is teh new hotness. Fuck a K series. Does it even exist for sale yet? I am ordering one tonight. My wife can have her German keyboard, and I can have the right button for HL2 at the same time.

The pictures are concept renderings, meaning the keyboard hasn't even been engineered yet, and unless someone want's to buy a $400 keyboard, I doubt it will go into production by anyone, at least not until OLED's get marginally cheaper. Right now, it would technically be far more feasable to make a touch-screen keyboard. Meaning there would be no physical keys to press. Typing would be a bit ridiculous, but someone could make it work.

Originally posted by EGProject@Jul 14 2005, 03:47 PM
The pictures are concept renderings, meaning the keyboard hasn't even been engineered yet, and unless someone want's to buy a $400 keyboard, I doubt it will go into production by anyone, at least not until OLED's get marginally cheaper. Right now, it would technically be far more feasable to make a touch-screen keyboard. Meaning there would be no physical keys to press. Typing would be a bit ridiculous, but someone could make it work.
[post=526235]Quoted post[/post]​

Well the OLED idea is now in a lot of people's minds so you'll see one soon enough.

OLED will be unbelievably cheap when it hits the market en masse, considerably cheaper than LCD. The only problem with OLED was keeping the green alive for anything longer than a few minutes. With the release of new digital cameras that use OLED for their displays, they've figured it out.

Either way, this is a good look at the future of the keyboard.

wow thats a great toy

would love to have 1 but the price tag is a bit high

maibe for like under 100 id pay

Back