Ordered new rig --Ibuypower Chimera 4se

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what are you going to do with a chromebook... play farmville?

I'm hesitant to buy another gaming laptop. The Asus g73 that I bought was great for about a year but has since shit the bed. It keeps eating HDDs and I'm just too damn lazy to investigate.

Then again, I did buy it from Best Buy.

I thought Vegas Hookers were reasonable?

Seriously if you build that Rig, assuming the x99 chipset boards, DDR4, haswell e and Nvidia 880 are out by Spring 2015..you should run and post some benchmarks
That's the plan. I just posted my new NAS performance results on Facebook last week, I'll make a new thread with some data about that I guess.

Well the Rig came in yesterday but i didn't have much time to mess with it. It's a beautiful machine, very clean wiring and all the parts were correct. Heavy as fuck compared to my last one. The Ibuypower paint job with their logo is gorgeous.

i did run the windows experience index score thingy and to my disappointing surprise, it didn't max out at 7.9, came in at 7.8....gay....going to install some games and see how she runs. It's definitely 100% quieter than my last one, i barely notice it is on but i did pay extra for noise reduction and i paid extra for whisper quiet fans.

I may purchase some benchmark software and run it. It's overclocked at 4.52GHZ.

People still use 3d mark right?

When I was buying a new card 3d mark was still used.

And lol at the windows experience index. Mine came in at 7.8 and I was pleasantly surprised. That can't be right. In which category did your machine score lowest?

When I was buying a new card 3d mark was still used.

And lol at the windows experience index. Mine came in at 7.8 and I was pleasantly surprised. That can't be right. In which category did your machine score lowest?

I'll have to go back and look but i think it was data transfer stuff, still the main drive is a SSD so i would have expected max results. Thing boots up in like 12 seconds. I love it.

Yeah even with an ssd windows expierience will still be bottlenecked by hd. RAID0 ssd or PCI express is kinda the only way to win.

Sad

Processor AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor 7.8
Determined by lowest subscore
Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB 7.8
Graphics AMD Radeon R9 200 Series 7.9
Gaming graphics 5870 MB Total available graphics memory 7.9
Primary hard disk 77GB Free (112GB Total) 7.9

Oh yeah, the disk bottleneck was on sata 3gbps. On 6g you should be fine on that one.

Not sure how graphically demanding these games are but i ran Murdered Soul Suspect and Deus Ex Human Revolution:Directors Cut on the highest settings and i don't think the computer even broke a sweat. I keep forgetting to check my temp display

I spent most of the night doing Windows 7 Home premium 64bit updates. I think there was like 1GB of updates lol...Almost like it was installed years ago when it was first released and never got any updates.

Anyway, so far so good. Huge difference, obviously, then my last Ibuypower, the games aren't choppy and they load real fast. <---Happy customer

wow, my macbook pro only using 1/2 of the system resources did really well.

Screen Shot 2014-08-21 at 12.47.21 PM.png

processor and hd are 7.5. Everything else is 7.9 on mine.

Core i5-2500K (sandy bridge)
OCZ Vertex2 / SATA2

Welp I ran the Passmark Benchmark free trial and scored a 3512 and I am pretty happy with that score. The software lets you compare it to similar rig setups.

I.E. One guy has same vid card, processor and motherboard and 12 gigs of ram and he only scored a 2730 and the highest comparable rig to mine scored a 2893 with same Processor and Vid card with 16gigs of ram with an ASUS Sabertooth 990FX mother board.

I uploaded my results and labeled it Ibuypower Chimera 4-FX

Gonna see if I can tweak this thing to get better results

I made one simple tweak. The XMP was disabled in the bios only allowing my memory to run at 1333, enabled it to run 1866, reran the Benchmark and the score went up to 3630 from 3512

Back