Oversized Valves

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

iowasmurf

I've heard that oversized valves are not good for turbo setups. Is this true?

not tryin to be a penis by any means but..does it really matter...? your not going to get oversized valves anyway...Unless your car is going to be full-out racecar! which would mean you would be a full-out racer..but if you where a full-out racer then you would all ready know the answer to your question...i know this may sound a bit offensive but i appologize in advance...

and not to be a "penis" to you, but if you were a "racer" then you would know the an inline four has A, one as in singular, HEADER, not headers

Oh Fuck you Man. I Don't know that's why I ask. That's what Forums are about! If you don't have anything helpful to add then why waste your time leaving stupid replies asshole. I'm sure engine building must be like second nature to you by now, huh.

I am sorry I don't know the answer to your question.

To 10K2HVN, that was really unnecessary. These people are here to learn. He asked a reasonable question, show a little respect.

No shit. Keep it informative, everyone starts somewhere and only idiots stop asking questions. Anyway, 1 mm oversize on your valves with a nice overall head job will do wonders. 1. having your head worked over will ensure that each cylinder flows evenly and since we only have 1 O2 sensor this is important. 2. This will allow your turbo to flow more air in and the exhaust to escape with more ease, spooling your turbo faster. 3.If you are going with all that then I'm assuming that you are running a small overlap turbo cam and will be able to use the opened up exhaust valves to your benefit since you no longer have much cylinder scavanging going on with that cam. Hope that helps.
P.S. How much boost are you going to run? 1/2 mm may be better for the intake or alll the way around depending on the boost. Your machinist should be willing to work this over with you if he knows what he's doing.

Thanks lsvtec and cws13 for backing me up. As for your question on boost cws13, I'm not sure yet. I'm going to completely build an LS block that I got for free and going non vtec for now. I am going to learn step by step as I go and try to do as much of the work as I can to save money for the parts. I plan on resleeving the LS block to 84mm and use a B20 head I got for cheap off ebay. I chose that head cause it will match the sleeves and has strong valve springs As long as I use a stand alone fuel system I plan on boosting at least 12 or 13psi.

I was clearly not giving the original poster any hard time... so don't use "you guys" in that fashion. i was making fun of the jackass who was giving iowasmurf shit. notice it's his profile that says "jdm headers"

thank you and sorry i do not know the answer to your question :(

All i have to add is pill's is the man. And also that cws13 is absolutly right. But if your goning to be boosing 12-13 psi, then go with the 1/2mm over.

Zee

HAHA! sure buddy..Header..Headers... :spin:
...you dont need oversized valves but whatever floats your boat...
...oh, not that it matters to anyone here but i wasnt having a good time that week that i posted that...
:fuckyou3:
....next thing you know your gonna tell me that all VTEC motors have the same injectors..just mine just happen to come off a ITR... :bash:

Is being a complete dick a good time?
:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back