Painting Break Calipers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ludeconduct

Ok, I wanna paint my break calipers but I'm undecided on the type of paint I should use. I know I want the color to be neon green but that color doesn't come in high temp paint. Will I need high temp paint? Or should the regular paint be ok? tia, J

have you ever felt how hot your discs get even after just a sort trip (like 2 minutes) They get so hot that normal paint would just burn off parts of the calipers and likely get on your discs, which probally will not be good

or you could take the dick out of your ass and leave them alone j/k seriously though stock is better looking and neon green yieks imo

Originally posted by bte15@Nov 3 2002, 08:19 PM
or you could take the dick out of your ass and leave them alone j/k seriously though stock is better looking and neon green yieks imo

wow did someone have a rough day??? lol that was pretty harsh

dont' bother painting your calipers...its a waste of time and doesn't increase performance.

plus, paint will wear off in time anyway...high temp or not

exactly, i hate when people do mods that do nothing for performance or handling. example: stickers and painted calipers

I you want cool looking calipers, get a brake with with Wilwood 4 pot or the like...

If you paint them gold or silver it would look good, but neon green well that is a different story. Also, they are brakes not breaks

Originally posted by chet@Nov 3 2002, 11:09 PM
dont' bother painting your calipers...its a waste of time and doesn't increase performance.

plus, paint will wear off in time anyway...high temp or not

I concur

If you really feel the need to have your calipers look bling bling. the only way to do it is to nickle plate them. There's no way paint will even hold up. the first time you bleed your brakes and you get fluid on the caliper the paints gonna come off anyway.

you can prolly get them powder-coated. powder coating would be much more heat resistant and durable than paint. i heard that you could do pretty much any color. you would have to find a place that does it. try a google search or the yellow pages.

Back