Piston Upgrade B16a1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Arpee

HI, ? for all does any body know a link or something that might help me learn on how to change pistons on my B16a1,and what kinda piston do u recommend i use itr/ctr or what exactly fits im not planning on boreing it i would like to just be able to install them myself. :) Thanks alot

get ctr for sure, about 11.7:1 CR, you'll be set... the itr's will actually drop your CR. buy a helms manual, it is your bible... you can find them online at helmsinc.com i belive, or try google :) you'll want the manual for dohc vtec del sol 92-95

Originally posted by B16@Feb 12 2003, 10:11 PM
get ctr for sure, about 11.7:1 CR, you'll be set... the itr's will actually drop your CR. buy a helms manual, it is your bible... you can find them online at helmsinc.com i belive, or try google :) you'll want the manual for dohc vtec del sol 92-95

how do you figure that itr pistons are going to drop the compression of a b16??? Definitely not the case, they would probably raise the compression to somewhere around 11:2:1, depends if you use usdm or jdm itr pistons. i realize that the ctr pistons are more domed then the itr's but how you see that the itr's are gonna lower the compression but the ctrs are gonna raise it from 10:4:1 to 11:7:1???

Originally posted by FerioVtec94+Feb 12 2003, 08:03 PM-->
@Feb 12 2003, 10:11 PM

how do you figure that itr pistons are going to drop the compression of a b16??? Definitely not the case, they would probably raise the compression to somewhere around 11:2:1, depends if you use usdm or jdm itr pistons. i realize that the ctr pistons are more domed then the itr's but how you see that the itr's are gonna lower the compression but the ctrs are gonna raise it from 10:4:1 to 11:7:1???

here is how i figure.
use this link for reference... http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/compcal...lc/compcalc.php

the USDM ITR piston (p73-A0) has a dome piston displacement of 3.64cc's
the JDM ITR piston (p73-00) has a dome piston displacement of 5.96cc's

the USDM B16 piston (pr3) has a dome piston displacement of 6.01cc's
the JDM B16 piston (p30) has a dome piston displacement of 6.93cc's
the JDM CTR piston (pct) has a dome piston displacement of 8.63cc's

as you can see, definately is the case. if you put ITR pistons in a B16 block, you will drop your compression ratio. you've got to realize the deck height is different for a B16A.

Back