plane lands on porsche at a race!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ha."Protection? From what, zee jurmenz?"

Originally posted by PhyRe@Jul 6 2005, 02:24 PM
ha."Protection? From what, zee jurmenz?"
[post=521631]Quoted post[/post]​

"ze jurmenz ar kuming, ze jurmenz ar kuming" to land on your car

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jul 6 2005, 08:07 PM
the pilot faced possible charges of negligence.

What. The. Fuck.

They were driving on a FUCKING AIRSTRIP!
[post=521836]Quoted post[/post]​

So lets say there's an Auto X event held in such and such parking lot and some ass hat (we'll say you for kicks) tries to park at one of the parking spots that happens to be park of the race track. sure enough you hit the racing car and when the police try to ticket you for not yeilding you freak out saying it's a parking lot!!!!!

Hmmmmm

The driver was racing at 160 kph (100 mph) with 11 other members of a local Porsche club at the airport

It's not uncommon for a club to set racing events up at places like airports or large parking lots. I'm sure the guy trying to land didnt call in for clearance.

on top of everything they said the airfield was an old US base. the airstrip might have been closed down to airplaces but "ass hat" figured he could land there.

Having family that flys as with working right next to an air field I see all kinds of weird shit. few years back some guy got drunk and landed his 2 person airplane on the access road that sits parallel to the runway but um... outside the fence. I gave the guy credit he landed on a tiny ass road outside of the airport with no issues other then having the cops on his ass as soon as he steped out the plane

Air DWI =)

I've been to an autocross at an active airport. They had a few sets of runways and the one they had the course on was closed for the day. However, if the wind was to shift making the other runways not excessible, they would reopen ours and give use 15 minutes to leave.

Haha, Bitburg is one of two that I know of US Bases they use for racing. Should have been completely closed to air traffic.

Back