Please Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nimblecivic

alright all, I need your knowledge bad...I've got a 93 Civ EX coupe that my bro and I swapped a b16a2?...think it's a 2 anyways....into this past weekend. The swap went well enough but now I'm lost for how to get the damn car running. I don't think the tranny and axles were right for the swap...by the way, the cars and auto..(consistent track times when boosted) :D
The tranny is an auto from a 97 teg ls and the axles are from a 90-93 teg auto...anyways...something isn't fitting right...not sure if we were given the wrong parts or what...same with the passenger side tranny mount...I KNOW we weren't given the right one for that...please help get my ride back on the streets...I'm dyin' here

Originally posted by nimblecivic@Jan 5 2003, 08:57 PM
alright all, I need your knowledge bad...I've got a 93 Civ EX coupe that my bro and I swapped a b16a2?...think it's a 2 anyways....into this past weekend. The swap went well enough but now I'm lost for how to get the damn car running. I don't think the tranny and axles were right for the swap...by the way, the cars and auto..(consistent track times when boosted) :D
The tranny is an auto from a 97 teg ls and the axles are from a 90-93 teg auto...anyways...something isn't fitting right...not sure if we were given the wrong parts or what...same with the passenger side tranny mount...I KNOW we weren't given the right one for that...please help get my ride back on the streets...I'm dyin' here

Yea where did you get a auto b16?Not that you couldn't,but why?Really you need to know what motor it is,because if you don't even know that then how can we help. :(

Sorry I wasn't clear...It is an SirII. My bro. lives in Jacksonville, FL and he got the motor and tranny cheap as hell from an importer down there who couldn't get rid of them. He said the tranny which came with it wouldn't work for some reason so when he came up here(St. Louis) for the holidays he came with just the motor. That's why it's got the teg tranny and axles on it. We used my wiring harness, but there was ALOT of spicing in(injectors, O2 sensor, Vtec sensor, etc.). I know the b16a1 will drop right in and all the wiring is plug and play from what I've heard, but I had no idea the b16a2 was this indepth. Outside of the axle/tranny prob I can't get the motor to stay running. It fires and wants to start, but just won't do it. I'm guessing it's either an injector prob or something to do with the distributor. My bro spliced the injectors and says they're good, but not sure about the dist.

Thanks for any help you guys can give....I'm lost without my ride...

Alright all, I'm a dumbass......now that that's done....

The motor is a b16a, not a b16a2, that's why there were all the wiring issues. I got the two mixed up-my mind is other places I guess....

I am using the auto p28 ecu which came with the original z6, and I have a mugen chip(auto) for it when I get it running.

My bro did the splicing on the distributor and I believe one plug had to be spliced and one was a direct plugin....

I know you guys must think we're just a couple of idiots who screwed up another swap but my whole family drives hondas...we swear by em and we were racing the clock to get it done-which isn't justification or anything don't get me wrong, but I'm just trying to get my car back on the road asap.

:beer: It's not just for breakfast anymore

Originally posted by nimblecivic@Jan 5 2003, 06:56 PM
I know you guys must think we're just a couple of idiots who screwed up another swap

Yea kinda, you bought the wrong engine completely. The b16a is a obd0 and your chassis is obd1. Your going to have to hack job this one. Putting an engine in a car that is older then the car is illegal in 99.9% of states (that leaves you with like 40 arces in Montanna) so no one makes conversion wire harnesses

How much did you pay for this engine? The Most you should have paid for it is about 1200 (thats with everything) and since you got the auto, it should be even less (autos sucks in hondas because they put shitty cams and horrible gearing.) You should have gotten a b16sirII or a b16a2 and do a obd1-obd2 conversion.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 5 2003, 11:18 PM
Putting an engine in a car that is older then the car is illegal in 99.9% of states (that leaves you with like 40 arces in Montanna) so no one makes conversion wire harnesses

And again.. i stress this.. its not illegal in ALL states.. Okla(i know b/c i fucking live there) and VA(from what i am told) are 2 i know off the top of my head. They dont do emission or other checks.

alright, thanks for the agression...if I wanted that I'd talk to my mom.

I need help not a tongue lashing. And for the record, the motor was 500 complete with tranny. If anyone wants the link I can post it...it's an importer out of Jacksonville, Fla.

The reason I went with an auto is my car is an auto. Maybe you'd have the money to go buy a new car just to do a swap but I don't....I'm on a budget and IF we had the right parts it would've gone smoothly. My bro is an electrical engineer--a hackjob on the harness isn't an issue(well, maybe a small one :huh:.

As for legality I don't give a shit...half these local idiots are running around with spoilers taller than their cars or exhaust and stereos so damn loud I can't hear myself think when I pull up next to them. If the emissions people wanna give me hell let them....I don't give a damn....worry about the thugs out there killing people street racing, not me.[

:

Cars don't kill people, stupid people kill nice cars...

The reason why i bring up the legal part of it is because since they are "illegal" no one makes swap stuff for that kind of swap. No one makes wire harness, dont know if there is a mounting issue ect.

Well it appears that legality was a bigger issue than I thought. Looking past that, is there anyone who knows the right mount/axle combo or any other info which might be of some help to me?

Originally posted by nimblecivic@Jan 7 2003, 12:58 AM
Well it appears that legality was a bigger issue than I thought. Looking past that, is there anyone who knows the right mount/axle combo or any other info which might be of some help to me?

I've never looked into it,but also have never come across aftermarket mounts for the auto.Your definitely going to need the axles and mounts from an auto b16 of the same years.

axles maybe, but I have to have mounts adaptable to my car....and NOONE I've contacted imports eg mounts for an auto.....It's like I'm the ugly duckling here....

If you're gonna do something, I guess do something noone else has ever tried or would ever want to try....... :rolleyes:

axles maybe, but I have to have mounts adaptable to my car....and NOONE I've contacted imports eg mounts for an auto.....It's like I'm the ugly duckling here....

If you're gonna do something, I guess do something noone else has ever tried or would ever want to try....... :rolleyes:

Back