Please Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vietec

can anybody help me by telling me how to remove Stickers from my car without damaging the paint or leaving any scratch??? is there an easy way to do it??? or dere a product that removes it? please help

hair dryer to heat it up a little and loosen the adheisive
then use a bug and tar remover to get rid of the shit left behind

Hair dryer or lighter to heat it up so you can peel it off.Then use nail polish remover to get rid of the sticker crap that is left behind.I di this exact same thing and it work so easy.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 11 2003, 04:31 PM
sticker remove

I would not use a lighter, that could probally ruin the paint.

w3rd

and nail polish remover will dullen the paint most likely.

What car dealerships use to get rid of them is like a big industrial hair dryer and tar remover/any special product.

Originally posted by slohnda@Feb 11 2003, 12:03 PM
big rubber eraser.
(im not joking) ;)

used the same way.. after using a heat gun to get the sticker part off.. that and a combo of wd-40 works great

hey I used schmucks' super clean and it worked just dandy....to get adhesive on my car.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Feb 11 2003, 08:24 PM
a heat gun and Goo-Gone do wonders :p

THATS THE WAY TO DO IT RIGHT! I work at a vinyl graphics shop and have removed lots of graphics from cars/trucks/vans, etc.

:( damnit last time i said to use Goo-Gone i got ass raped by people saying to use bug and tar remover :(

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Feb 12 2003, 12:11 AM
:( damnit last time i said to use Goo-Gone i got ass raped by people saying to use bug and tar remover :(

actually, ive only used goo-gone once. it worked ok. we use a citrus-based solvent that smells like oranges. i think its called 'rapid remover'. dont know if its available in stores. it works great.

BTW, the best way to remove the glue is to let whatever solvent you are using soak in for about 30 seconds, then scrape it off with a credit card or your nails, or anything with a firm, plastic edge. once youve got most of it scraped off, wipe the rest off with a rag and some more solvent.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Feb 11 2003, 10:38 PM-->
asmallsol
@Feb 11 2003, 04:31 PM
sticker remove

I would not use a lighter, that could probally ruin the paint.

w3rd

and nail polish remover will dullen the paint most likely.

What car dealerships use to get rid of them is like a big industrial hair dryer and tar remover/any special product.

Nail polish remover works just fine,doen't do anything to the paint.I have used it a few times.And the lighter will mess up your paint if you hold it in one spot.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Feb 12 2003, 12:11 AM

I always say bug and tar remover because it is normally specially formulated for clear coat, who knows about goo gone.

i never used bug and tar remover but it sounds like something that should work well. the nail polish remover is ok too. car paint is almost indestructible. if u dont have nail polish remover, you can use lacquer thinner. its basically the same thing, and i've used it before on cars.

Back