possible to wire speakers straight to aux input??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gotta find which one is the right fuse.. its not a Honda so i'm lost.. haha

one wire from the battery with a fuse to the radio for constant(yelow). the other red wire from any acc source. after that is a matter of ground and hooking up speakers. you dont have to hook it up the old fashion way if you dont want to.

see the thing is, when i bought the truck it had a old ass tape deck from '91 probably... instead of buying the wire harness for the truck they cut the plug off and wired it into the factory harness.. i have the color diagram and wired everything up correctly but it wouldnt power on

neonmike could figure out the wiring on this:

theugly.jpg

and shit, even *I* knew that this wouldn't work. crank your headphones full blast. thats as loud as your speaker is going to be... probably even less, because the headphone speakers haver a higher SPL than a crap 5" door speaker.

you can get a cheap ass amp for like 40 bucks.
Legacy Series II LA120 2 Channel 100W Amp - LA120 - Buy.com

Cheap decent amps:

Got one of their 4x60s in the truck running a pair of triaxial 6.75" JBLs and a 12" junk Sony sub. Works well for what I paid. The JL amps go in the S2k.

:D

see the thing is, when i bought the truck it had a old ass tape deck from '91 probably... instead of buying the wire harness for the truck they cut the plug off and wired it into the factory harness.. i have the color diagram and wired everything up correctly but it wouldnt power on
thats what i did..
solder and heat shrink tubing on that bitch for the best connection possible.
what method of connecting the wires did you use?
ill usually just twist them together and put electrical tape around them to check it, then either use crimp connectors or solder.

my dad used to sell profile audio shit..
cheap definitely describes it.

i used butt connectors or whatever the hell they're called and wrapped those with electrical tape

i call em crimp connectors.. makes more sense to me.
did you properly crimp them?
i like to fold over the end of the wire that im crimping.
the way i see it, twice the chance of getting all the wires..
or for an even better connection, twist em together, then use a butt connector or end connector and just crimp it over both the wires like that.

Just toss in your mix tape and toss it on the passenger side floor. :D

boombox.jpg

Why not after you get out of your car you can throw some rap on and bob your head with it sitting on your shoulder. :D

boom-box-on-shoulder.jpg

Yea yea yea my niggaaazzzzz!

Just toss in your mix tape and toss it on the passenger side floor. :D

boombox.jpg

those things are an art form.
you cant just throw them on the floor.
but for real, buy an iHome2go.
i have one, they work hellaa good, and they run off four AA batteries.
nice and loud and sound really good.

Back