Powdercoating Valve Covers and other parts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

mntdewred

Hi everybody, I'm Bryan and I have just talked with Brian (pissedoffsol), and he gave me permission for this thread.

I have seen the interest in powdercoating over the past year and have seen many people offer coating services. The coaters who I have seen charge outrageous prices for coating things. The funny thing is, many people don't care if they pay $70+ for powder coating a valve cover. So over the past few months, I have invested a lot of time and money into powdercoating equipment and would like to offer my coating services to the public to gain a return on my investment.

I've seen coaters charge upwards of $200 to have a valve cover powdercoated, and I think that is outrageous. I don't see why they would charge that much other than pocketing 80% of the cash for labor costs. I'm going to offer powdercoating services for valve covers starting at $25. For $25, I will coat your valve cover with an one-coat solid color of your choice. I don't have many powders in stock right now, but my supplier just sent me 5 books of all the colors they have to offer. So if you can think of any color you may be looking for, I'll do my best in finding it.

That same $25 includes me doing all the prep work to it; degreasing, degassing, media blasting, etc. which will allow me to apply the powder and cure it in the coating oven.

For $35 I will coat your valve cover with two-coats of a solid color, or one-coat of a candy/metallic color of your choice. Just tell me what color you are looking for, and I will do my best to find it. The same prep work is involved. The only reason for the $10 increase is the 2nd layer of powder, and the 2nd time it needs to be cured in the oven.

If you can't afford any downtime with your valve cover right now, I currently have one of the following covers uncoated; one D16 cover with HONDA on top, one GSR valve cover, and one LS valve cover. What I would do is coat the cover you want with the color you want and then send the finished cover to you. What I ask in return is for you to send your current valve cover back to me once you received the powdercoated one. The cover you send back to me must be in good condition and must be the same cover I had just sent to you. In order to do this, I need to add $80 to the final price of coating which is fully refundable once I receive your cover in return. The $80 is just so if you decided not to send the cover, that I would have enough money to go out and find another one to have, ready to coat.

Here is one valve cover I recently did. It has a chrome basecoat with a Candy Blue topcoat. This valve cover would be $35.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask me.

Thanks everyone, Bryan

Originally posted by DTEC@May 23 2005, 05:05 PM
:thumbsup: powdercoating :thumbsup: Hopefully, you will see some of my business.
[post=502638]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea, just let me know whenever you are ready. Feel free to ask me any questions

Thanks guys

Looks like some nice work man when I start to get my engine ready and pretty ill holla at ya lol how much would shipping be for a D16Z6 at 46615? (south bend, IN)

pics of the gsr valve cover want type r red i have a perfect b16 valve cover black i could return just want perfect valve cover in return not cut.

bump for an entrepreneur. Hope that it brings you much success.

Originally posted by brc80@May 23 2005, 06:30 PM
You do wheels?
[post=502688]Quoted post[/post]​

it is possible, but at this time i'd rather not. wheels require a lot of prep work. the time involved in prepping wheels is just a little too much than i can afford right now.

Originally posted by wanderinman+May 23 2005, 07:27 PM-->
How much would shipping be on an LS cover to 27604?
[post=502701]Quoted post[/post]​

Approximately $9-$12 there and back.

CiViC_SOHC
@May 23 2005, 08:05 PM
Looks like some nice work man when I start to get my engine ready and pretty ill holla at ya lol how much would shipping be for a D16Z6 at 46615? (south bend, IN)
[post=502709]Quoted post[/post]​

Approximately $6-$8 there and back.

I'm from Cleveland, Ohio, just to give everyone a heads up where the covers would be sent to and from.

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@May 23 2005, 10:42 PM
pics of the gsr valve cover want type r red i have a perfect b16 valve cover black i could return just want perfect valve cover in return not cut.
[post=502763]Quoted post[/post]​

The GSR cover I have now isn't powdercoated at all. It is a blank I would use if someone wanted a GSR valve cover without any downtime. The cover is also not cut.

I don't have a wrinkle red powder in stock, but would be no problem getting some.

Thanks

Originally posted by n1mr0d@May 24 2005, 12:18 AM
bump for an entrepreneur. Hope that it brings you much success.
[post=502793]Quoted post[/post]​

Thank you very much. I'm not looking to be rich and famous, I just want to give people an extra option for powdercoating instead of paying outrageous prices for the same deal. I know I wouldn't pay $70+ for a powdercoated valve cover, that's why I spent a pretty penny for powdercoating equipment.

good prices dude, i got a powdercoating setup myself in my garage which i havent used in a few months cause its a hassle. $25 is outrageously low for the amount of work and time into doing it so im sure you will get a lot of business.

that single cam cover looked like it came out nice. ive got chrome and candy top coats but i never got the chance to use them so i never knew what it looked like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back