project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

evo- drove one... not really impressed with it, and its a DSM. nuff said.
s4- the more i look at them, the more they all have fucking problems.
m3- the one i want is 50k. 32k > 50k

well, 32k < 50k and that's my point

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 30 2004, 11:33 PM
evo- drove one... not really impressed with it, and its a DSM. nuff said.
[post=384059]Quoted post[/post]​

THAT can definately be argued. in NO WAT WHATSOEVER is the evo 4g63 comparable to the DSM 4g63. two totally different built motors. they may be the same block and head and even that is questionable to an extent. all said and done, its the chassis that makes it a DSM. thats plymouth laser(1g), eagle talon(1g,2g), mitsubishi eclipse(1g,2g), and some consider the galant vr-4 to be a DSM.

nuff said. :angry:

Ahhh. This sounds OH so familiar to my everyday trials with my fucking Honda....

Glad to hear that I'm not alone. Welcome to the club, B. :)

Originally posted by TurboMirage+Aug 31 2004, 12:46 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Aug 30 2004, 11:33 PM
evo- drove one... not really impressed with it, and its a DSM.  nuff said.
[post=384059]Quoted post[/post]​

THAT can definately be argued. in NO WAT WHATSOEVER is the evo 4g63 comparable to the DSM 4g63. two totally different built motors. they may be the same block and head and even that is questionable to an extent. all said and done, its the chassis that makes it a DSM. thats plymouth laser(1g), eagle talon(1g,2g), mitsubishi eclipse(1g,2g), and some consider the galant vr-4 to be a DSM.

nuff said. :angry:
[post=384099]Quoted post[/post]​

moron. DSM stands for diamond star motors. Which means EVERY mitsu, eagle, plymouth, dodge, chrysler, mercedes, and jeep is a DSM.

i know what dsm stands for tardcart. i always thought those relationships were dissolved.... and as far as i knew all DSMs were built in Normal, Illinois.

anyways, i hardly consider an evo a dsm. it definately doesnt have all the problems eclipses/talons do. i hate those damn things.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 31 2004, 10:45 AM
its brand new- give it a year.
[post=384202]Quoted post[/post]​

the evo has been around for many many years.....

:withstupid:

It's just never been imported and domesticated. Evo VIs and VIIs were badass. I know a guy that had an Evo VII imported and it makes me all giddy whenever he lets me drive it

1 more whore

i drove the evo and was very impressed... B you're critique on cars and the way in which they drive (hint hint suspension) leads me to believe you have no idea what you're talking about :lol:

B i have to correct you.... Diamond Star Motors... (DSM) is a joint effort to make one of the best cars ever.... the diamonds come from mitsubishi and the star is mopar.... read the rest...

DSM - Diamond Star Motors
A joint effort by Mitsubishi (three diamonds) and the Chrysler Corporation (penta-star) to build some of the most incredible automobiles in the world. The vehicles were produced with the names Eagle Talon, Mitsubishi Eclipse, and Plymouth Laser. DSM cars are assembled in Normal, Illinois. The '94-and-up Mitsubishi Galant is also assembled at the DSM plant in IL; previous Galant's were assembled in Japan. The Eclipse and Galant (since '89) share the same platform.

sorry B... but you were wrong... the only thing that the evo has in common is the block and part of the head.... other than that nothing is comparable about them.

Originally posted by B16@Aug 31 2004, 04:18 PM
1 more whore

i drove the evo and was very impressed... B you're critique on cars and the way in which they drive (hint hint suspension) leads me to believe you have no idea what you're talking about :lol:
[post=384378]Quoted post[/post]​

+whore

Well, I do agree with B. I test drove the Evo myself (no dealer), and really ripped it up on the highway and through a few fast turns. I wasn't too impressed either- it was slow. The handling was nice, but I didn't like the engine.

Back