PS3 game recommendations

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
I like shooting games.
favorite: GTA series

next best were
assasssin games
bond games

Anyone have good ideas for me?
godfather 2 might be cool, but i never did godfather 1

I've played call of duty and its not really my thing.

gran turismo 5?

oh wait, it's a pile of crap, will never released and the new forza will be better....

rock band is bleh
got guitar hero for wii and i've played it twice
not my bag

i heard about little big planet, but i don't have my PS3 online
so i dunno if it'd still be a fun game
and the other 2 are out since i can't download anything
lol

rock band is bleh
got guitar hero for wii and i've played it twice
not my bag

i heard about little big planet, but i don't have my PS3 online
so i dunno if it'd still be a fun game
and the other 2 are out since i can't download anything
lol

Rock band is soooo addicting. I got into GH back with Guitar Hero 1. IMO, Rock Band > Guitar Hero. Of course, the downloadable content is a huge factor and if you don't have the internet on your PS3 anymore... well, yeah.. that's a factor.

Little Big Planet rocks with or without the online play. You'll need to have a friend come over every once in a while since there are parts that you need another player to collect the items. (You can still beat levels without them though).

The call of duty games online are awesome too. COD4 & 5

So you like shooting games, but not FPSs then?

Have you tried Gears of War?

STREET FIGHTER 4!! But if you dont like fighting games how about Metal Gear 4, Assassin's Creed, Little Big Planet (build your own platformer - supposed to be crazy fun), Devil May Cry 4, Fry Cry 2, Fall Out 3 (long ass game) and BioShock just to name a few.

Last edited:
whats FPS mean?
and i have not tried gears of war yet

the call of duty i played was a good game
but it just seemed a little monotonous
pull the trigger till your finger falls off, then do it again

FPS = First Person Shooter.

If you like shooters COD4(call of duty 4 or modern combat) is about the best there is. I would suggest taking the recomendations made here and checking out the reviews. Then hit up blockbuster and rent the ones you might be interested in. From there you should know what game you would be comfortable droping $60 on.

whats FPS mean?
and i have not tried gears of war yet

the call of duty i played was a good game
but it just seemed a little monotonous
pull the trigger till your finger falls off, then do it again

FPSs are games like Call of Duty. Like Nootrac said, it means "First Person Shooter", basically just referring to the perspective (you can see your gun, but not your whole character). But it sounds like maybe you were just bored with that particular one. If you like shooting games I would recommend Gears of War, The Orange Box (it's an FPS, but good variety of stuff, puzzles to solve, more then just shooting, plus you get like 5 games for the price of one), and Bioshock (very unique and inventive shooter with an awesome storyline)...

call of duty 4 is seriously a bad ass game. just play the first person campaign and you'll be hooked. online is intense because its basically run and gun but single player, its more at your own pace.

gears of war is over rated. gets boring ass hell. all you do is run and hide.

Forza 2 & GTA4 are by far the best games i have played lately.
I have beat the hell outta Left 4 dead, its awesome but really short

Back