Pulling my hair out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4DRCivicGSR

I have swapped over a b18c1 out of another civic into my 1998 civic lx 4 door. The vehicle cranks has fuel and spark and compression but will not run. The wiring harness was a hack job that someone did from jump street but I am trying to make it work. The engine is modified it has a edelbrock victor x intake, upgraded fuel rail, injector, fpr, larger str throttle body. The ecu they were running is a p2p. The wiring harness also had 2 connectors on the driver side shock tower where as my civic only has one. I am getting a little frustrated and need to know if I need to yank the fuse block from under the dash and the whole body harness.

I pulled the GSR engine out of a 1997 civic 2 door. I put it into a 1998 civic 4 door. The engine is out of a 1997 GSR. so the obd2 is all the same. its the wiring i am having an issue with. any schematics would be great.

ok i have cut the harness on the car side of the wrecked civic i got the motor out of. The connector i hazve cut is a 4 wire connector wit a white, white w/ red, Blue, and green w/ black. I have splice c1 to c4 and c11 to c14 and snipped c1 and c11 after the splice. the car will crank its face off and tries to start if i tip into the accelerator pedal. I am guessing a CKP sensor or something along them lines. still getting frustrated because i have no idea of the hack job the previous swapper did!!!

use the original engine harness from the motor that was in the car before, i believe its a one piece harness, and just add the extra couple of wires for vtec, knock, evap, and iab sensors. is your ecu tuned for that swap? if not you need one thats chipped, or a gsr one at least. good luck

I hope you got it going dude,... but check these few things out ,... You are into the harness and it sounds like a lotta fun ,.... make sure that the ground points where the harness is supposed to ground to body have good connections,... most of the sensors have braided ground around the lead wires back to the ecu,... those should not be the "Hack" you mentioned ,...get some heat shrink tubing and a solder gun and do that shit right ,... charge the battery and if it sounds like it wants to go,..... crank it and say ,... START BITCH ,.... im just sayin,....I just had my 97 ' gsr shipped from las vegas ,... to san diego ,.... it wouldnt start me and another mechanic couldnt make it run ,..... i spent 20 min fuckin with it here in san diego,... and it started up,....wtf with that shit?
START BITCH might be what it needs

Back