Question B16a1 first gen in ek

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1FastEk

Just Wondering all I would have to change to allow the 1stgen engine to run in the ek besides the dizzy and the altenator just woundering thanks.

convert to cable for starters, run a different ECU setup, and conversion harness, HASPORT upper tranny mount since it's different for the cable tranny into EG's and EK's.

honestly, I would pass the idea.......it's really not worth it in the end, why? because I did it

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Mar 17 2004, 11:44 AM
dont do it

:werd: :withstupid:

Cable to hydraulic tranny adapter, complete intake manifolt, to include all injectors and sensors, Distributor, ECU.

You're looking at cost more to put the cheaper motor in.

Yep, I did it and now I'm spending more just to get it running right. Go with OBD2!!!

^^ yup, just because the motor 'first gen' is complete and cheap, doesn't make it the best solution.

if anything in your case I would advise to save up the extra cash and get an obd2 GSR motor.

This is just a motor i can throw in for a lil power I had my gsr in it spun a bearing now im going B20 ohh ya and as for the cable to hydro why cant i just use my 00 si hydro tranny still. So whatdo i have to change.

Originally posted by 1FastEk@Mar 18 2004, 04:08 AM
and as for the cable to hydro why cant i just use my 00 si hydro tranny still. So whatdo i have to change.

Well Gomer, because you failed to mention that you had one. There for no more answers, till we know what you're working with.

i love it when asshats leave out 90% of the most important details

:bash:

read my sig y0! :D

change the intake manifold, alternator, dizzy, injectors, wiring harness, transmission...

actually, it isn't all that hard to rig up a cable tranny in a hydro car...emphasis on RIG....pretty much just run the cable to your clutch pedal....like i said, rig....i've seen it done....

obd0 mothafucka!!!

Back