R-1 Racing Seats

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Capt. Orygun

Win the Day
Now I know this site is al about the go so with that in mind if you think all racing seats are ghey please don't reply. My question concers quality of product, not preference. That being said....

R-1 "Racing" seats seem to be the name I see the most, next to Sparco of corse. I've noticed they are priced less then Sparco seats. Is that because they are shit or just because they are less popular? I just wanted to get a feel of the quality of these seats so any info would be great thanks.

have you ever looked at these click here Calesta has them in his civic (but he has one that kinda look like sleepers) i saw a clean 5th gen SI with striped interior that had a red pair of the A4's and they looker real nice. The prices on them are not that bad either. Also, i clicked on a catalog request and about the next day or so, i get an envolope from them with a letter for the sales manager, little things like that will make me want to buy from their company.

R1 and Zero1 seats are the same. You can get them at speedpeople.com
I've sat in the seats and they are very comfortable. Not cheap quality. The pure black seats are nice and reclinable.

thnx prow, I just don't want to buy the same seats everyone else has (sparco). And the very few people that I know who have seats have bought those. I just want something custom that will add contrast.

i think alot of people have sparco's because sparco offers the sprint model which is only $200. i bet most of those you've seen are the sprints. i'll probably end up getting the sprints too sometime in the future. there is also the corbeau forza which sells for $209 - $220.

I have the Targa RS if anyone was wondering... in grey. The CR1 seats are also really nice, but they didn't have any that blended well with my interior. You can get them for a really good price at Lake Effect Performance- search for them and hit the web site, then tell the guy that Michael Yu sent you.

:D

ive got the corbeau CR1's... very nice seats

and theres a reason everyone gets sparcos (besides the name)... they are one of the best seats out there

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 25 2003, 02:19 AM
ive got the corbeau CR1's... very nice seats

and theres a reason everyone gets sparcos (besides the name)... they are one of the best seats out there

Oh cool you've got CR1s? I didn't want to pay the extra cash for them, and I thought the TRSs meshed a little better with the whole "sleeper" concept.

Sparcos are excellent seats, but look into Corbeau if you want something that's pretty much just as good, but a lot cheaper.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 25 2003, 03:21 AM
Sparcos are excellent seats, but look into Corbeau if you want something that's pretty much just as good, but a lot cheaper.

yeah thats why i chose them :) they were about 200 less per seat than the sparcos i was looking at

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 25 2003, 02:24 AM
yeah thats why i chose them :) they were about 200 less per seat than the sparcos i was looking at

Yup. I didn't want to pay for the Sparcos... I got the TRS set with sliders for under $800 shipped including the inflatable lumbar support, so I think I got a good deal.

:D

Back