rod bearings

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

typesiracing

i know on the main bearings there is a different part number for the top on bottom....the bearing that attaches to the block has a hole in it where the other one on the crank side does not....now i ordered all my bearing from acura (1.8) and according to what they gave me the upper rod bearing is the same as the lower rod bearing....is that so? thanks

mine are on my b18.......each bearing came in its own lil plastic bag individually marked. seem to all be the same though

yeah i know they all come in their own bag but i'm wondering if they had the same part number and if the upper and lower both had holes in them?

Those little hole are oil passages if there is a little hole in the block you don't want to cover it up with the wrong bearing. Don't forget to plastige guage your bearing or you will be sorry.

i know to plastiguage and i know what those little holes are but thanks....what i need to know is if the upper and lower rod bearings are the same part number?

Back