Running a OBDD1 P72 on an OBD2a motor via a conversion harness...will OBD2 port work?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

devtec

Hey all,

I'd like to buy a Scan Guage II which hooks up to the OBD2 port and tells you instant fuel economy and a whole bunch of other things. I'd like to do this to increase my fuel economy. Will it work on my setup?

I'm running a Type S engine in my lude which has been converted to OBD2a by swapping over all the required parts. I wanted this so I can pass smog inspections. In order to get tuning though, the whole rest of the time I use an OBD2a to OBD1 conversion harness and run a P72 ECU with Hondata S200. So does anyone know if the OBD2 port works with any scan tools when the P72 is plugged in?

Thanks!

No, as long as you have the obd1 ecu hooked up the scan port will not work. This is the problem people have when they have to have their emissions checked and scanned when using a obd1 ecu on a newer vehicle. If you need the port to pass emissions our anything along those lines you will need to hook up your obd2 ecu temporalily to make everyone happy.

Back