safc tuning?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

breed

I just got the safc for my turbo ls installed it and tried to tune it but it's not making any difference what so ever. I have a missing link and a vortech fmu. it says in other threads to get rid of the missing link but when i took it off the map sensor threw a check engine light and I'm only boosting at 5psi. the air fuel is fine up to 4 grand but after that it goes straight to lean. am I doing something wrong? what else can I do?

in order to run the hack, and thus, throw out the missing link and fmu, you need larger injectors- 440-450s - so that you can tuen the vafc to like -35%, and thus, lowers the map sensor voltage to the ecu, and thus, doesn't throw a code under 10 psi.

if you have stock injectors, you need to keep what you have- the fmu and the check valves

the car still runs lean with the fmu and the missing link is there a way to adjust it or no I just have to wait and buy the 440cc injectors.

you can try to up the % with the vafc- but fact is, you can't give it too much more fuel then its already trying to give.

its injector, pump, and management upgrade time.,

I found a pair of 380cc peak and hold injectors out of a 3000 gt will they work or do I have to get saturated injectors?

if you go peak/hold, you need to wire in a resitor box.

but i'm not sure if the 3000gt ones work.
look for talon 450s'

one of my friends has 380cc injectors out of his 3000gt that I can get for free and I already have the resistor box. is there a way to find out if they will work I want to go to englishtown n.j. to run my car tomorrow and I'm trying to get my car running by then.

also if i put the injectors and the resistor box in my car do I have to upgrade the fuel pump or can i just run it with the sacf and buy a fuel pump later on.

you'll need at least an inline booster, or you'll starve the larger injectors.

getting a resistor box on is not easy dude. i say go to E town with what you have, but if you're running lean, stay home and fix the ride or lower your boost

get it dyno tuned befor you run at the track...I dont like reading about un tuned blow up's. it sort of pisses me off.
for 125 bucks you can save your $3000 engine.

Back