Safc vs emanage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sed8ed

Well im at the finishing stages of my latest build and in desperate need of fuel management and since my budget still cant justify a hondata (next season with the other toys) I am trying to decide between an SAFC and the greddy emanage. Essentially, both are the same price for the base unit (no software for the emanage) and offer the same features but has anyone had experience with each and what are the opinions?

This is going into my 97 civic hatch that went under the wrench again, same bottom end with sir pistons in a b18a block, scalloped block gaurd, arp's throughout, ported 98 b18b head, ITR intake springs, ls intake springs on the exhaust, stage 3 crane cams, aem cam gears and an NOS direct port kit

in all honesty you shouldn't skimp on the fuel management portion of the car.

i'm not all that familiar with the e manage... dohcvtecaccord on here had one.. but to me it looks like a far superior tuning tool than the safc

Hey pills... sorry to bring this up again but I have found one of each (e-manage and s-afc) for reasonable prices... $250cdn (200usd) for the S-afc and $350cdn for the e-manage... the problem is that I am not the only buyer for them

I have to decide before tomorrow afternoon which one to purchace, the e-manage is new in box and the safc has a reciept from 6 months ago (was run on a d16y8 so both are in really good shape.

Without the software which is purchaced seperately, the e-manage will do exactly the same features as the s-afc but without the graphical interface but I will have the ability of upgrading later on (by buying the software I gain a 16 by 16 point fuel air map and some ignition options as well as datalogging, and by buying an ignition interface cable I gain the ability of retarding the ignition automatically when the nitrous sprays)

Likewise if I were to buy an MSD SCI-L ignition I would occur the same tuning abilities in combination with the s-afc just without datalogging and the graphical display

Please help!!! someone

Greddy e-manage:

http://www.greddy.com/products/products.as...uel%20computer)

Apexi S-afc:

http://www.apexi-usa.com/electronics_safc.asp

you're going to hate me, but get a hondata.

why? it has nitrous control. you wont need the msd.
and really, its not much more expensive than an emanage, and you can upgrade it later just the same.

Yeah, after researching their website, I agree that hondata would probably be the best choice, im going to call the local dealer and see how much they will charge for an S200 with programming and 2 hours dyno time.

I hhave ruled out the S-afc but not the emanage due to it's upgradeability so now it's just up to how much I can save in a short time (kraft dinner 3 meals a day... woohoo)

Back