Safe Specs For A Turbo Kit? Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

silver_vti

hi everyone,

Can anybody help me w the following:

i want a turbo kit for my civic b16a2. I want to know what size and technical specs this turbo can use if my engine is internally 100% stock. I only have a 4-1 DC sports, short shifter, intake (air) and pulleys. I badly want the turbo kit but i'm afraid of damaging my car. HELP!! Need the maximum psi, boost, etc. a 100% stock b16a2 can handle so i can keep it lower.
thks people.
peace, miguel

i think the best way to go is with a T25 cause they spool up the fastest with almost no turbo lag at all and they wont hurt your motor if you only run about 6-8 PSI oh and get the biggest intercooler you can fit on your car bigger=better good luck!!!

Originally posted by b18vtecrx@Mar 1 2003, 07:03 PM
i think the best way to go is with a T25 cause they spool up the fastest with almost no turbo lag at all and they wont hurt your motor if you only run about 6-8 PSI oh and get the biggest intercooler you can fit on your car bigger=better good luck!!!

dont listen to this guy

i would advise against a t25 on a b16, they are small turbos and is not a good match for the high revving b16. Go with a t3/t04b such as the one in the drag kit or a 57 trim .63 t3/t04e. That will be a great turbo on a b16. If you cant afford hondata or a similar program then a fmu or afc hack will have to do. It will be good for 7-8 psi, max.

As far as intercoolers- bigger is not always better. It leads to pressure drop and is probably unnessary for the boost levels you will be running. I dont see why you wouldnt just spend a little extra and get an efficent intercooler, such as spearco or pwr, it will be the right size and will flow more than enough

SolReaver is right, the T25's were meant for the eclipse's that redline at lik 6700, not for the b16's taht redline at lik 8200. it would be way past its efficecy range and would get hot quick. t3/t04e sounds lik a good turbo for ur app. although i hear good things about the t3/60 -1. But IMO you should boost anything over atmosphereic pressure if u dont build ur internals to tak it. there are people that will swear by boosting on stock internals, but IMO its just not worth it. build it up, boost it, and then hav confidence in raising ur boost for a tough race and not hav to worry about blowin a hole thru ur block.

the best solution is just to build up that motor to reach turbo applications. THis, you'll achieve the best out of it. Be patient and do researching. but for right now if you can't wait, i recommend a small Trust of HKS. but if you want to build it, build the head suitable to handle the turbo, and the block to hold up the power. best things comes to those who wait...

Originally posted by Integra1990@Mar 3 2003, 12:30 PM
. t3/t04e sounds lik a good turbo for ur app. although i hear good things about the t3/60 -1. But IMO you should boost anything over atmosphereic pressure if u dont build ur internals to tak it. there are people that will swear by boosting on stock internals, but IMO its just not worth it. build it up, boost it, and then hav confidence in raising ur boost for a tough race and not hav to worry about blowin a hole thru ur block.

The 60-1 will spool 500-600 rpm later than the t3/t04e. But when boost hits on the 60-1 it will be more powerful as the 60-1 compressor flows 60 lbs/min and the t04e flows 52 lbs/min. It depends on where you want your power, and how much you want. The 60-1 will support a little more power, but both turbos will flow plenty for over 350-400 whp

btw, a built motor alone is not gonna save you from blowing a hole through the block :)

Back