Selling BMW.. Anyone interested ? Great deal.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The costs are still there. Keeping this thing is guaranteeing a $2600 disaster between now and christmas. And I have 2 Mustangs so that's real.

Eh, everything will work out. I'll get another 10 year old BMW at some point. Like I said in the other thread though : I would go to a BMW dealer for a certified pre-owned next time.

Black. 330. with the goodies.

I love this car. I have never spent money on something got more bang for the buck. I'll definitely get another.

Try having a first gen CRX tied around your neck for 15 years because you've put 8 times as much into it as you'll ever get out.

Honestly you stated you don't care about your credit score so why even try to sell it. Let the bank come get it, or just deliver the fucker to their front door.

I've had a few beers. I don't get you. You're "retired". You were gonna own a helicopter a couple months ago. You were buying computers and printers for pennies and selling (or maybe leasing) them for thousands to your clients. Now you're insolvent. You have 2 rustangs and a tahoe. You're a few months from paying cash for another BMW. I mean fuck, you're all over the place.

I am. Things change. I don't know what to expect anymore.

One day I know exactly what the future holds, then something comes up that takes everything away.

Right now I don't want to risk my retirement plan - So to that end the BMW goes. And I'll bring it back to the finance company, I really don't care. But I figured that someone here (or elsewhere) might appreciate a good deal for a BMW 325CI.

My idea of retirement is very different than yours, or anyones. Because I believe that your idea of retirement is delusional.

My idea of retirement existed long before 401Ks and IRAs,

And your idea of retirement was proven a sham by Bernie Madoff.

Logic would encourage you to do less stick-poking at mine, and more question asking of it.

I am. Things change. I don't know what to expect anymore.

One day I know exactly what the future holds, then something comes up that takes everything away.

Right now I don't want to risk my retirement plan - So to that end the BMW goes. And I'll bring it back to the finance company, I really don't care. But I figured that someone here (or elsewhere) might appreciate a good deal for a BMW 325CI.

I guess at least you can say you're doing things the way you want to do them. I'm not sure if it's worth the stress.

We're the same age. I'm not retired, or even semi retired lol. Wife and I both work full time, although I'm fortunate enough to only work 4 days. If I feel like it, I can do side work. Neither one of us loves our jobs. But at the same time we aren't worried about paying bills or feeding the kids etc. We make an extra mortgage payment every 6 months, pay bills on time, and basically live a stress free life, although she wishes I would be a little less messy around the house.

Part of me wishes I could go live like a hermit sometimes and say fuck the world, but then I remember I like my car, my flat screen tv, and my cable internet connection.

A year ago I thought I was going to lose my house, well the banks house. Now I'm actually doing well, but I know how quickly things can change and that nobody has a sure thing. Even the smartest most cautious person can have adverse circumstances bleed them dry. It's easy to criticize people facing adversity, and impossible to defend your decisions when they had unexpected outcomes. I can't predict if Steve will be successful or not, but I salute his audacity. There is an intangible reward that comes from running the ragged edge of risk, and not even failure takes it away. I'd rather actually live my own life and fail than waste away in a cubicle until I "retire" right before death takes me.

It's all quality of life. Do what you want to do that makes you happy. Your happiness isn't the same as someone else's.

I know people that can't sit still and started business after business and watching them fail and fail until finally one took hold. It's the risk/reward. Tough part is not leveraging everything you have, including relationships to make something work.

My dad when he was 21 with 1 kid and 1 on the way started his business with nothing more than 1 ladder, 1 saw, 1 pair of bags. He's never gotten rich but has been his own boss for 31 years now and provided a comfortable living. There have been very stressful times in there but in the end, he's doing what he enjoys and is his own boss. I get it.

I tried working with him and for myself for a couple years after school, tried working for clients and setting my own hours and stuff. Business was too slow. It was unpredictable and I was broke. I'm still digging myself out of the financial hole I dug. I now work an office job for a big company and my quality of life hasn't changed. I enjoy who I work with and I enjoy getting a steady paycheck. It's less stressful for me and helps me focus on whatever I want outside of work. I can see both sides of the fence.

Thread cancelled. Keeping it.

Just got a call from a contract client - Money should be good to go.

Still have this Tahoe though... Maybe I'll just call it a winter vehicle. Now I'm storing the BMW until spring, when it can get it's repairs. Not sure how an emergency situation turned into "Now I have this extra SUV hanging around" but it did.

See ? Shit changes in a heartbeat.

Back