SERIOUS HELP!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLKWDW

My 89 civic gives off white smoke so today after doing an oil change on my hatchback I applied the requirements of 250ml of BARDAHL NO-SMOKE. After I let it run of about 15 mins, I put it in first an drove forward. while my attempt to drive forward the engine seems it wants to shut off. so then i put it reverse and the engine struggled and turned off but it was a bad shut off and smoke started to come out of my short ram intake...IM SOOO PISSED!!!
PLZ HELP.

brian11to1

Sounds like rings man. Do you have a swap or anything? Good luck. Sorry to hear another ones bite the dust from ill-care techniques.

MXDesa

Its your head gasket, rings rarely go on honda motors just like that, or any motor for that mater. 100% head gasket, i've done me 100's of times on hondas

Doomster9

I dont think that the headgasket alone would allow smoke to come out the intake plentum. Do a compression test on all cylinders, sounds like you might have an intake valve(s) not seating correctly which would explain the smoke coming out the ram-air-intake. Then check your headgasket...

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
This is not Swap-related. This is the Swap-related forum.

Try again in the right forum.

:locked2:

Status
Not open for further replies.