SERIOUS HELP!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLKWDW

My 89 civic gives off white smoke so today after doing an oil change on my hatchback I applied the requirements of 250ml of BARDAHL NO-SMOKE. After I let it run of about 15 mins, I put it in first an drove forward. while my attempt to drive forward the engine seems it wants to shut off. so then i put it reverse and the engine struggled and turned off but it was a bad shut off and smoke started to come out of my short ram intake...IM SOOO PISSED!!!
PLZ HELP.

Sounds like rings man. Do you have a swap or anything? Good luck. Sorry to hear another ones bite the dust from ill-care techniques.

with that info id say the rings or headgasket...any water in the oil or oil in the coolant?

Its your head gasket, rings rarely go on honda motors just like that, or any motor for that mater. 100% head gasket, i've done me 100's of times on hondas

I dont think that the headgasket alone would allow smoke to come out the intake plentum. Do a compression test on all cylinders, sounds like you might have an intake valve(s) not seating correctly which would explain the smoke coming out the ram-air-intake. Then check your headgasket...

did this happen before? how much oil did you put?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back