she runs for a minute...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well guys i had a similar problem with my car when i first got it. It would start fine for a couple of minutes and then take a dump. I havent read this whole topic, so i might be off but try another ecu. The mechanic( honda genious) checked my car for codes and every you could think of. So he finally figured he would just swap ecu's. well when he did that, the bottom had the word "BAD" written on it. apparently the previous owner put that bad ecu back in before he gave it to me. Again try that if you havent yet.

I did a little more work on the car recently... It IS throwing a code now but only one... Throttle position sensor... we all doubt that the TPS would make it crap like that after running for several minutes... Tried a different camgear but that didn't help... checked all the vacuum lines for proper routing... we're pretty convinced now that the distributor is the problem, just having a hell of a time hunting down the right one for less than a hundred bucks. Once we replace the distributor, if it's still not right, we're going to try the ECU.

If your TPS is messed up, it could be sending the computer incorrect information and pushing your engine into a richer part of the fuel map- and that could easily cause your engine to sputter out and die. Fix that first.

Back