Shift Linkage

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bh2285

I just have a question about shift linkage does anyone know what those Cylinder things on the end of the linkage or for?? What if i cut it off and made a bracket so the link would be long enough...Cant get the linkage pin out ive tired everything in the book. Thanks for help

a clyinder? wtf?

the pin is easy dude.

pull back rubber skirt
remove holding coupler thingge
with a big punch tool, or a bolt from the power steering pump (perfect size bolt) just hamemr it up and out.

You mean the part that seems useless that is closest to the back of the car (once installed) on the shift rod? Not sure of the purpose, but it mus have one.

go buy an 8mm punch from your local MATCO tool man be sure to buy one that is straight shanked and has a half sphere point.. it works better than any other punch ive used.

do u have to hammer the hell outta it to get it out?? i sat there for a while but it wouldnt come out, do i just need to hit it harder?

mine was very stubborn also we ended up putting a block of wood between the linkage and the underbody to stop the linkage from flexing so much and it came out fairly easy with a punch.

yeah beat the hell out of it ...but be sure to use the tool specified..its the only one ive had luck with...the block of wood is also a great idea ive had to do that before...you might also try to spray some liquid wrench on it.

Back