Shooting flames?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drpenguin

Okay always wondered.....The flames outa the tail pipe. Someone told me that if the timing was set wrong. like really wrong it would do that but wouldnt get past your cat. I was also told that you can put a sparkplug in your tail pipe to ignite the fumes. I dont think the spark plug thing is true. Putting a spark plug in your tail pipe to ignite your exaust gasses.......Hmm isnt your tail pipe just under your gas tank? What about those people who dont have a tail pipe? I have a fireball muffler. What then? anyone know on this?

the spark plug thing is true. hotrodders usually set their cars to run rich, and then they put an extra plug at the tips of their tails, they can flip a switch and shoot flames.

can be done really easy but is 100% illegal and will get you car impounded and get you one big tivket.
fuel injection is really difficult to do, due to the fact that the comp will sense the mixture and try to correct it. on a carb motor its as easy as adding a plug and coil

Originally posted by Iron 1@Nov 12 2004, 01:53 AM
they add propane...
[post=415738]Quoted post[/post]​

no
they dont i have seen it done and i have done it

just get a DSM turbo car and vent to atmosphere then when you shift youll get plenty of flames

Originally posted by FFCiv@Nov 12 2004, 06:47 AM
just get a DSM turbo car and vent to atmosphere then when you shift youll get plenty of flames
[post=415762]Quoted post[/post]​

Or an AllTrac...

I have a 3" turbo back exhaust that dumps just in front of the right rear wheel. I don't have any cats. I don't have any mufflers. I don't have any resinators. My BOV vents to atmosphere, and at full boost, the turbo is hot enough to light off the extra fuel that's dumped out the exhaust during a shift. It's not a huge flame- it's about the size of what you see the BTCC cars produce. And here in VT, my exhaust is completely legal, because from the outside, it appears that all my cats are still in place. :) There are no noise ordinances or muffling device requirements.

if you take a coil from a older car and run power to it then you run wire for the spark plugs at the end of tail pipes it will do the same thing also easier with fuel injection

Just get something turbo and get a misfiring system. Sure it would fuck your turbo and exhaust system up in 15,000 miles, but who cares. It looks cool right?

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Nov 14 2004, 06:15 PM
Just get something turbo and get a misfiring system. Sure it would fuck your turbo and exhaust system up in 15,000 miles, but who cares. It looks cool right?
[post=416778]Quoted post[/post]​

Try 200- 300 miles, numbnuts.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Nov 14 2004, 07:31 PM-->
endlesszeal
@Nov 14 2004, 06:15 PM
Just get something turbo and get a misfiring system.  Sure it would fuck your turbo and exhaust system up in 15,000 miles, but who cares.  It looks cool right?

[post=416804]Quoted post[/post]​

I was being sacrastic. Dont have to be an ass. BTW, it's actually less than that. Try 32-64 miles.

http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/bangbang.html

Originally posted by endlesszeal+Nov 14 2004, 10:11 PM-->
Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Nov 14 2004, 07:31 PM
endlesszeal
@Nov 14 2004, 06:15 PM

[post=416804]Quoted post[/post]​

I was being sacrastic. Dont have to be an ass. BTW, it's actually less than that. Try 32-64 miles.

http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/bangbang.html
[post=416858]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't have to be an ass, but I am, so deal with it. Kinda funny, though, since they don't mention turbo longevity..

A huge stress on the exhaust manifold and pipes (mounted on a street car a bang-bang system would destroy the exhaust system within 50-100 km)

Vent to atmosphere in high boost and have a canister type exhaust. You'll spout between shifts.

Back