Shot and killed my neighbor's pit bull today...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
the hell does that say?
im far too lazy to type it all to translate

Damn, Id be pretty pissed if someone shot my dog, then again they would never have a reason to. Watch your stuff man, I have a hunch they arent going to take it so well.

If it was the size you say it was it may have been a Cane Corso, they look pretty similar to pits.
cane-corso-deluxe-luxury-leather-dog-harness-padded-5.jpg

i find it interesting that you are paying for their mistake. next time, let the dog maul you. that will teach them? :shrug2:

Lmao. It was a nice gesture of you to write them a letter and offer them some money. I'm sure that they haven't learned a lesson and I doubt you giving them money has any effect on them learning a lesson. Lets face it, most people are incapable of learning a lesson.

well, :thumbsup: on being the better man
hopefully this will all blow over and it'll be all good in your hood

Wow, sorry to see all this go down.

Large breed pits (Any dog used or obviously bred for Pit fighting.. My neighborhood has two (Very nice) Shar-Peis. Shar-peis are bred for pit fighting) is why I carry large, and carry lots.

Also, you're far nicer than I am. Also, thanks for cluing us in on how you handled yourself when the fuzz showed up. I'm not one to whimper and roll over for them though.

At first glance at the title, i as expecting this to be about a wild beagle...to my surprise, it was a pit bull.....(sarcasm)

you did the right thing, lucky for you, you were armed. what would have happened if you weren't. you'd be on the news as a victim of vicious attack.

And definitely don't offer to get them another dog, they are not responsible enough to own one. And don't feel bad either
Bingo - the root of the problem is irresponsible dog owners. Unfortunately, that probably won't change.

They need to take responsibility for their dogs and respect their neighbors enough to not have their animals out threatening them. I've had formidable dogs for the past 40+ years and never had a complaint - Why? Because there has never been a reason for a complaint. I keep positive control over the animals at all times. They don't get out, don't roam the neighborhood and if they ever did it, would be very unlikely they would bother anyone as they are well socialized.

It's generally not the dog's fault and almost almost always the owners lack of responsibility at the root of agressive dog problems.

Never a pleasant thing to take a life, even when it's justifiable and the only way out.

I think it was a dumb gesture offering the money so they can get another dog. you just possibly put your self in the same situation now. how will you and they feel if you have to shoot dog #2...

I think it was a dumb gesture offering the money so they can get another dog. you just possibly put your self in the same situation now. how will you and they feel if you have to shoot dog #2...

I don't think he offered the money for a new dog, I think the purpose behind the money was to go towards the citation they received...

I don't think he offered the money for a new dog, I think the purpose behind the money was to go towards the citation they received...

Bingo. I wish the cop just wouldn't have written them a ticket. Having their dog shot in the face in front of their kids on the day after Christmas was enough to get the point across, IMO...

Bingo. I wish the cop just wouldn't have written them a ticket. Having their dog shot in the face in front of their kids on the day after Christmas was enough to get the point across, IMO...

Yeah, that would be pretty rough.

ticket would probably get dropped
it was probably more of a paperwork issue since a firearm was discharged within city limits.

That is rough. One thing is they probably do not like you and the dog was able to pick up on it. Especially when they say the dog doesn't like white people.
Sucks you had to do it, you did what had to be done.

i read the note and it's very very thoughtful.
sucks you had to kill it but then again you could have saved a kids life too.

happy new years eve!

I'm glad I got to read the whole story.

Also, good job. When I was much younger I was attacked by a dog, and I had to take my bicycle helmet off and beat it back with that. Nothing is scarier than something that not only wants to, but will kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back