Should I get a Jack Russell?

• Yes do that shit

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • no wai hommie

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • get this instead (attach picture)

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kerrybluesadie.jpg

that thing is uglier than sin

^^^ its jus the way the hair is cut. I used to have one for like... 17 years before he died. Its a kerry blue terrier, great dog, energetic, great with kids, loves to run around outside. That and they dont shed, which is a big plus. Our kerry was about 40 lbs at his heaviest, before he died he was down to like.. 28 or something.

I have a dalmation (male) and a husky (female).
The dalmation is awesome, well mannered, and protects my property incredibly well. Its like I trained him to be a guard dog, but I really didnt, he just picked it up. Someone gets near my fence he gets MEAN. Gnashing teeth, mean bark, growling, etc.. but if I tell him "Its OK, Chielf" He instantly turns back into a calm dog. I've had to save two different meter men. He is also very affectionate.. And he shows all of his teeth when he smiles.. Its just awesome. Unfortunately, I had him before I had kids, so He doesnt like the kiddos much :(

The Husky is a cat in a dog body. "Pet me" "Comfort Me" "Feed Me" "Serve Me" "Now fuck off".. Oh, and she sheds enough to make another husky about every other day.

Last edited:
I still say that any herding dog would suit your wants/needs. they're a little bigger, but they train VERY well, and you'd just have to get out and exercise with it a little more.

I've got a friend who's mother got a french poodle 3 months after she had her 3rd son. that thing is dumber than a brick, but it eventually trained, it's VERY gentle and handles the abuse of a 4 year old very well.

Beagle sounds and looks like it'd be the best match. I've never interacted with any before, but I have a friend who has one. She says its the best dog shes ever owned. She's had a rat terrier, golden lab, and chocolate lab. She said while the labs were the most active, the beagle is pretty much like a smaller version, personality wise. Active, loves to be pet, loves to play, and trains VERY easily.

most of those are bitch dogds

what's the proper name for a mini rotty?

I told you. Carlin Pinscher.
fpup.jpg

cpbsil.jpg

I'm actually thinking of becoming a breeder. They have no pedigree yet, as the breed is a 'work in progress'

Last edited:
Don't rule out bigger dog breeds just because of their size. My family had a Golden for 15 years. He was the runt of the litter so he never got all that big in the first place and he was one hell of a dog. I still remember him bolting across the lawn after people then would stop on a dime at the street.

Back