Should I Put An Integra Xsi Motor In My 92 Teg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tegman13

I have a 92 integra and i can get my hands on a xsi motor tranny ecu axles wiring harness shift linkage with lsd for $1988.00 shipped should i do it :worthy:

My opinion is ,no,because that is the b16a.1)it is too old for your car to be legal 2)it doesn't have enough torque for your car 3)I'm pretty sure they didn't have lsd and if it does it probably is aftermarket or another tranny,find out if it is hydraulic or cable. 4)that is too much for a b16a1 lsd or not.

No you should not do it. Explore one of several options first.
B18C1 or C5 swap with a cable B16 tranny w/ LSD (yes you can get B16 trannys with the factory LSD)
Rebuild + Turbo your B18A
Do an LSVTEC.
With any one of these options you will be much happier than if you swapped the B16 in there.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jan 6 2003, 09:30 PM
...swap with a cable B16 tranny w/ LSD (yes you can get B16 trannys with the factory LSD)...

I know that some of the b16's had lsd,I wasn't sure if the one from the Xsi had one.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jan 6 2003, 03:50 PM-->
@Jan 6 2003, 09:30 PM
...swap with a cable B16 tranny w/ LSD (yes you can get B16 trannys with the factory LSD)...

I know that some of the b16's had lsd,I wasn't sure if the one from the Xsi had one.

no the xsi's had j1's and s1 tranny's which never came lsd equipped, yet some of the y1's that came outta the ef8/9's had lsd's... but i've heard alot of complaints as to their reliability, if i were you i'd rebuild and turbo your b18a and then buy an aftermarket lsd, then everything would be nice and new.

i originally intended on doing an ls to vtec but after exploring the world of it it is well known that there is too many problems with ls vtec and its not worth it besides if u bore a b16 toa 1.8 and use a b17 crank u get the most ccs any honda engine can produce leaving any ls vtiec to shame and besides a xsi is not a regular b16 it was out of the honda integra in japan and had 10 more additioal horse and besides if it came stock in japan in the car that own i dont see why it would give adiquit power

B16A
Displacement (cc): 1595
Power (bhp@rpm): 158@7600
Torque (ft/lbs@rpm): 112@7000
Compression Ratio: 10.2:1
Bore (mm): 81
Stroke (mm): 77.4
Cam Design: dohc
VTEC?: yes
OBD: 0
Year(s) Produced: 1990-1993
In the following car(s): Acura Integra XSi/RSi (JDM)

Your right it is not a regular b16 it is the first and next to the automatic the weakest.For the money that isn't that great of a deal.It's average.There is a reason that the next series had a 1.8 in it.

Anyone that tells you the LSVTEC is unreliable tried to skimp on a build. It isn't cheap and if you don't already drive an Integra with a B18A/B the build will cost you more than a B18C1 swap. With my build I only saved $800 over the swap. (After I get pistons and rods I will have spent more than the swap). It isn't unreliable, it isn't problem prone, it isn't a waste of money unless you build it that way. If you take your time and do it all right you will have an engine just as solid as the B18C1. These hybrids get a bad wrap from people that didn't know what they were doing or tried to go cheap on their builds.

A B16 bored to 1.8 and stroked with a B17 crank is the highest displacement Honda engine possible? Bigger than an H22? An H23? An H22 bored to 2.5? An H23 bored to 2.6? An Acura 2.5TL? An Acura NSX with C30? With C32? A Honda F1 V10? A Honda CART turbo V8? Starting to get my picture?

by boreing a b16 to 86mm and using a b17 crank u get 1897 cc which is more cc than ls vtec and a better rod stroke ratio and you can get a b16 block cheap so why not build it up the most expensive part would be the b17 crank so if your gonna build ls vtec or to do it right youll spend just as much but doin it this way and have more power ls vtec is good when its done right but this way youll have a b16 which no one would expect anything from it

Back