Show your tattoos please!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

First picture: Anatomical heart with grenade pin. One of my favorite quotes is "Life in every breath." The heart pumps life with every beat. Grenade pin is a reminder not to cause destruction, be it physical or verbal. Also shown is my shoulder piece that you can't see very well. It's the native flower to Chile, called Copihue, with "Urrutia" written entangled in the vines. It's my grandmother's last name, a Basque name from northern Spain. Tattoo for my heritage. Shoulder piece 10 hours, heart 2.5 hours.

Second picture: Most recent tattoo work, a tiger on a rock. When I graduate my student instructor program at kung fu I will finish it off with a Dragon covering my entire right ribcage. The tiger and dragon symbolize the balance between wisdom and strength. I'm going to fill in half my back with color and some jungle scenery. I'm considering including the other 3 of the 5 animals in the White Dragon system: Leopard, crane and snake. This is the first sitting, at 3.5 hours.

Third picture: Traditional Chinese phoenix rising from its ashes. First sitting at 3.5 hours. Outline and shading. The tiger and phoenix are done by different artists, I wanted to get a comparison in style before I choose who I want to tattoo my dragon. That will be the most important to me. The phoenix takes up almost the length of my right thigh, and the color picture is what it will look like with color. It symbolizes change and new beginnings, and it's on my leg because each step is a step forward, towards that change and a new beginning, not back tracking.

I have 6 tattoos total. On my right rear shoulder blade is a bagua with the symbol of the formation of yin and yang (not a ying-yang, lol). On the inside of my right bicep is the symbol for "Christian" called chi-rho. It looks like cracked stone.

All my tattoos are on my right side. I don't want anything on my left. I am right handed but training my left side takes more work and concentration, therefore it must be kept pure. Also, the muscles on my left side are actually bigger and more dense, if I train them correctly, so it has the potential to become more powerful than my right side. It'll be a lifetime goal.

Attachments

• HeartGrenade.jpg
    HeartGrenade.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 2,422
  • first sitting.jpg
    first sitting.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 347
  • phoenix.jpg
    phoenix.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 298
  • phoenix rising.jpg
    phoenix rising.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 14,243
Finished my back piece!

Blue guy looks a little funky, but its fresh and healing.. the irritated skin shows through the blue better than the orange.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Witat.jpg
    Witat.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,880
heres mine:
sleeve
44.jpg

l_9173abc79a0c2f328abc1cdfa221d714.jpg

my side
Photo3-1.jpg

Photo5.jpg

my chest (done by kat von d on miami ink)
IMG_0683.jpg

866935e5-7aea-11dc-bb18-e5941a2732a.jpg

so how much does she charge a hour
600 an hour with a 1000 dollar minimum but the discovery channel paid for my tattoo so my tattoo would have cost me a little under 3 grand. i just had to pay for airfare and a hotel in miami and that was like 600 bucks all together.

so how does one go about getting a deal like that lol

whats the chest piece, and who is the chick

Chest piece is definitely beethoven. It's a translation of one of the lyrical parts of the nineth symphony.

The Chick is probably Kat von D (putting the discovery channel and miami parts together). She had a shop out in dallas for a while and she was splitting time between here and Miami and then moved out there permanently and sold her shop in dallas. I think she went back to LA recently though.

Stealh, the grenade heart is killer.
Glad I took another look at the pics on this last page. I completely missed the grenade heart. That is really awesome. I was thinking about a heart for a long time, but couldn't figure out something I wanted. I may play off of this and do something similar, but my shoulder 1/3-1/2 sleeve is next.

It's going to be a sleeve, most likely black and grey, composed of just words. Saying that have stuck with me over the years, things that inspire me everytime I see them, stuff like that, I'm just not sure how to lay it out. First I was thinking different fonts for every saying, then one font for everything, or something like this... all scribbled and jumbled.
thenumber23poster.jpg

What do you guys think?

thanks for all the comments guys:)
Chest piece is definitely beethoven. It's a translation of one of the lyrical parts of the nineth symphony.

The Chick is probably Kat von D (putting the discovery channel and miami parts together). She had a shop out in dallas for a while and she was splitting time between here and Miami and then moved out there permanently and sold her shop in dallas. I think she went back to LA recently though.

yea, its beethoven and thats kat von d. i was on the show miami ink when she was there. she used to tattoo at a shop in dallas because her x husband lived there (oliver). she now has a show called "la ink". the quote on my collar is actually from a letter that beethoven wrote to his brother when he had just recently come to terms with his loss of hearing. the full quote goes "Free me of only half this affliction and I shall be a complete,
mature man. You must think of me as being as happy as it is
possible to be on this earth - not unhappy. No! I cannot endure
it. I will seize Fate by the throat. It will not wholly conquer
me! Oh, how beautiful it is to live - and live a thousand times over! "
'

yay for good memory. i was worried that it wasn't kat because here hair wasn't jet black above. been to her shop 2-3 times when she was in dallas and her hair was always black as night.

Back