Silver Carbon Fiber Hoods

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryangt

anyone know where you can find silver carbon fiber hoods and things of that nature for a 01 civic ex?

July '05 SUper Street had a showcase car, a 99 lude outta Japan that was totally done in silver cf... plcae they got it from was www.xanthicdesign.com. I'm pretty sure you'd have to mold it yourself, they just sold the sheets. I've got a buddy with a degree in mechanical engineering who, for a price, might be able to make you either an overlay for the stock hood (ricey) or for a little more, a brand new silver hood. I can talk to him if you want, for price, wait time, and what he would need to do it. If you want, pm me and I'll ask him.

This is probably a dumb question and I'm guessing since you are looking for a silver one I should use that for my answer but.... Is it possible to paint a CF hood, or any CF piece for that matter??

Originally posted by E-dogg@Jun 28 2005, 09:45 PM
This is probably a dumb question and I'm guessing since you are looking for a silver one I should use that for my answer but.... Is it possible to paint a CF hood, or any CF piece for that matter??
[post=517728]Quoted post[/post]​

you can paint anything...doesn't mean you should tho

Most of the time, CF parts come with just a clear lacquer coating. That's why they're glossy. Sand it down rough and paint it over, if that's what you like.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 28 2005, 11:36 PM
Most of the time, CF parts come with just a clear lacquer coating. That's why they're glossy. Sand it down rough and paint it over, if that's what you like.
[post=517771]Quoted post[/post]​

Well alot of manufactors will make a dry, non treated carbon fiber hood for you.

ok im not sure how it got from a SILVER CARBON FIBER HOOD to pinting a regular one silver. The silver carbon fiber looks amazing, i have a silver car, why would i just want another stock looking hood? the silvercarbon one looks amazin.

Well, carbon fiber is black because that is the color of carbon. I don't know why you would want a silver one, you wouldn't get the right hue of silver to match your car anyway, and then it would look even dumber, unless you then had the paint on your car matched to the hood. Just sounds dumb to me. Buying cf to just look good is just a dumb waste of money anyway. And a waste of good cf. Go buy one of those urethane hoods that are clear or something.

Could this be a Carbon Fiber hood that was painted with a transparent silver paint for a hue? you know, like people smoke thier taillights with? just a thought... possibly a good one.. hehe

I actually saw a car with a silver carbon fiber hood. He said that he had got it from VIS, however, this was a year ago, and last time I searched their site, I couldn't find any info on it, and the hoods quality didn't look good enough to be a VIS hood.

Back