Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
Does anyone have this game and not play it? If so I really need the game disc so I can play it, I can find one of the 2 discs of mine and I really don't feel like buying another for 60 bucks. I'll pay the shipping and whatnot for it if you're willing to let it go. Anybody?

Yeah. It comes with a disc 1 and a disc 2.

You need them both to install it, but only disc 2 to play the game. I have disc one chillen out in the case, but I have no clue what I did with disc 2. It's installed and the last time I played it was in my apartment like 3 years ago.

No I'm not doing that. If you have a disc that'd be great otherwise I'll just ebay one.

thanks for the help, thieves! I ebayed a legit copy for 7.99. Yesterday I was at bestbuy to get a switch for a customer and SC4: deluxe was still 19.99 new.

*giddy*

Do you consider this "cheating"? SC4 isn't really a competition game though. But I will be downloading the Network Addon Mod and installing it.

Simtropolis.com - Online City Building Community

Try the functional landmarks. It gives the landmarks commerical jobs (if the city can support it). The Empire State Building gives around 9000 jobs, Liberty hall about 20. So its proportional to the size of the building.

That network add on looks awesome, I think I'll try it. I can build a very successful city but I always have too many problems with transportation, ie congestion, when it starts getting into sky scraper territory. This would probably help a lot.

It is pretty neat. I'm digging the raised rail type stuff, but the L-train over roads is too much of a PITA to place in large quantities (you have to do them one tile at a time) for me.

For larger cities, I'll do subway in large block squares along with my roads.

I do 6x6 city blocks (of 4x4 size blocks), and put a subway station at the corner. So far my most successful subway plan.

Not interesting to me. I enjoy building the cities themselves. Although the popups are annoying in the midst of the game.

I have gripes about the game. Traffic flows are only for "to and from work", and commercial zones have to be between R and I. That doesn't make sense with it only working this way. People go shopping as a trip in itself. Not just between work and home.

Back