smokers and their smoke breaks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

How much time are you wasting stalking the smokers and posting their progress?

Or surfing hondaswap/the internet for that matter.. You might be lazier than they are.

Lockheed Martin banned all smoking and smoking/tobacco materials from ALL sites globally starting 1/1/2007. You can't smoke close to the building, you can't smoke in the lot- you have to leave the premises. You're not supposed to even have it in your car, but they typically won't search you... unless you're in a security clearance required location. ;)

I think it's wonderful. Of course the smokers hate it- but the company is putting a lot of money out towards helping people quit too.

---

And I'm from the South and not offended- I hate all the Bible thumping too.

I'd love to quit smoking myself, I'd make it fine all weekend, but come monday morning I'd wander in to the office and with My dad, sharon, jeremy, bobby and Kathy smoking... I wouldn't last 5 minutes.

I think I'd die if i couldnt smoke at work. Granted I probably smoke 5-7 cigarettes between 830 and 530.

I smoke on the way to work, then my first break (usually at 11) i double up, then my lunch I'll have one going to wherever im eating and then one after im done. Then my last break i usually smoke one (cause well...ive got shit to do).

I know what yorue talking about though. A lot of the guys in my office take 7-10 breaks a day to smoke...no one says anything (nor should they) because very rarely do we get to work 830-530....its usually more along the lines of 830 to 9 or 10.

We have basically two departments, Network Services (geeks) and sales. All but 2 of the people in my Dept smoke, and I think 1 person from sales smokes.

If someone wants to chime up about our smoke breaks, well just work our shift and go home...fuck it if you get your commission check (sales people). If it comes down to it we can just say "Dont promise unrealistic time tables...talk to your customer and tell them its going to take more than 5 days to setup, configure and monitor 10 servers." Usually the sales people stay quiet at that point, go back to their desk, and watch the time tick away until 530....while my entire dept is still at their desks.

Moral of my story...if you work 8-5 take your 3 and deal with it...if you work 8a-10p other people can live with my habbit because i just worked another 4 hours (took out an hour for my smoke time) to cover up your mistaken deadline.

Moral of my story...if you work 8-5 take your 3 and deal with it...if you work 8a-10p other people can live with my habbit

"If you work your 8 to 5 then take your 3 and shut the fuck up. If you want my 8 to 10 with a 5 to 7, then you live with my Hobbit"

Nice. I'm printing that on a pillow.

Back