?Smoking?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94tuner

For some reason my 92 civic (mini me) is producing a grayish white smoke (from what i can tell from inside the car) It really only does it from about 3k rpms to redline. Not burning access coolant, and buring a little bit of oil. And im not feeling a power loss. Any ideas what this could be?

White smoke-coolant
Blue/grey-oil
black-rich fuel

How many miles on the motor?

Last edited:
The Odometer say 120k but since it is a hybrid motor im not sure about the mileage on the head. As far as a blown head gasket or piston rings is concerned is there anyway to check those without physically taking the head off? Compression test maybe?

A compression test and a leak down test could tell you alot about the health of your motor. Also just pulling the spark plugs and looking at them can tell you alot about what is nurning inside each cylinder. Look for discoloration, ash, or deposits on the insulator and electrode of the plug.

Checked the plugs couldnt see anything wrong with them? Is there a chance than it could be caused by bad valve seals or something in the head?

i had the same problem wit mine, it had high miles nd head gasked nd rings were shot!!

Back