So, I've been "e-fighting" with some local dude...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I still don't know! Curse internet ambiguity!

The godfather movies pretty much fucked up our heritage. thanks alot, Francis Ford Coppola. Now anyone who is 1/8th italian is a bad ass by default who has an uncle in the mafia.

his reponse was buried in the quote

Not compared to Tang Soo Do. They're completely different kicking styles. :)

This isn't a comparison. It's just a statement made by someone who practiced for a while. I have studied various other martial art's too.

Go back and check out what you said in this thread and you'll see what I mean:)

Must have read it wrong or something.

I stick by what I said about Muay Thai. I still do it when I can get to the gym. I miss being able to spar.

I need to find a teacher out here.

If you do meet him, be careful. If he's wearing an Affliction or Tapout shirt, you're royally fucked. Just saying man.

Be careful.
I actually love the designs and such that the two brands have, but I refuse to own any of it because of the correlation with douchebaggery along the NJ beaches.

There are two primary kicks in Muay Thai. One is the teep. the other is the Teh chiang kick. The one that comes up from the ground and targets the under arm and ribs. The primary source of the power for that kick comes from body rotation. Not leg muscles. Which means you are not 100% accurate.

You are right about the pivoting part.

Here's the wiki deffinition:

The two most common kicks in Muay Thai are known as the teep (literally "foot jab,"), and the Teh(kick)chiang (kicking upwards in the shape of a triangle cutting under the arm and ribs) or angle kick. The Muay Thai angle kick has been widely adopted by fighters from other martial arts. The angle kick uses a rotational movement of the entire body. The angle kick is superficially similar to a karate roundhouse kick, but omits the rotation of the lower leg from the knee used in other striking martial arts like Karate or Taekwondo. The angle kick draws its power entirely from the rotational movement of the body. Many Muay Thai fighters use a counter rotation of the arms to intensify the power of this kick.

Yes, the same body rotation a boxer uses. And boxers still throw their punches from the shoulder, generating most of the power from the muscles in the arm.

Whatever, man. You took a simple comment and blew it out of proportion. I'm making a comparison and comparatively speaking Muay Thai kicks draw their power from the legs. Have you ever even thrown a TSD style kick?

I don't know anything about TSD. All I know is that Chuck Norris is awesome.

Sorry if I seemed prickish. My vagina got some sand in it.

hey,im from the fall river area,and i actually do MMA for
http://timgillett.org/Gillett's Mixed Martial Arts.

I live like half hour away from you,so if you'd like hit me up with a PM and i'd be glad to meet with that kid,and ill bring some real MMA fighter's :D...just let me know,ive been dying for a fight lol

hey,im from the fall river area,and i actually do MMA for
Gillett's Mixed Martial Arts.

I live like half hour away from you,so if you'd like hit me up with a PM and i'd be glad to meet with that kid,and ill bring some real MMA fighter's :D...just let me know,ive been dying for a fight lol

lol, awesome. ps hosmer, any more peemail from the edork?

:popcorn:

ps everyone else should quit threadjacking about the kick crap, this thread should be about kicking the crap out of the goob that was ethugging with hosmer.

Last edited:
the Jersey shore is a mecca for douchebaggery
Especially by people who call it that. I call it my home and "the beach" by my home.

In the summer you literally have to steer clear of Belmar, Seaside, //insert Benny stomping ground// to avoid trouble. Or go there if you want to find it. General rule of thumb is the further south you go, the less problems(not locals) you encounter. Of course we have a few secret spots that never get invaded. And if they were it would be like me going to Staten Island and telling them their momma's "gravy" tasted like Prego. I've said it before, it's documented that the worse cases of localism, generally when referring to surf spots and beaches, are found in Hawaii and NJ.

The Ohio Valley is a breeding ground for fake ass Tapout wearing pussbags. There is a "fighting" gym downtown and anyone who goes down there and stands around once a week considers themselves fighters. It's fucking retarded. I've had run ins with these people. It is unpleasant.

Sounds like someone needs to open this baby up

0324081946a.jpg

The Ohio Valley is a breeding ground for fake ass Tapout wearing pussbags. There is a "fighting" gym downtown and anyone who goes down there and stands around once a week considers themselves fighters. It's fucking retarded. I've had run ins with these people. It is unpleasant.

I haven't seen those idiots, but there's a shit ton of people around here who think their lower middle class white-trash esque community is ghetto, and as such apparently makes them hardcore. They're annoying as hell.

What part of ohio you in?

I haven't seen those idiots, but there's a shit ton of people around here who think their lower middle class white-trash esque community is ghetto, and as such apparently makes them hardcore. They're annoying as hell.

What part of ohio you in?

The "Ohio Valley"...Steubenville (cringing)...I hate it. 8 months left and counting down. My car is going to be packed and I am driving away and never looking back the minute I answer the last question on the last final...

Back