So what kind of job does everyone have?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I work for a small firm www.smdsensors.com , If I had to give myself a title it would be mechanical/electrical engineer (almost I've got a few classes left till I get my actuall degree, but everyone here treats me as an equal , I gues 10 years working in the sensor industry will do that) It's a fun job lots of eccentric problems to be solved daily.

I can't wait to get back into the civilian world.

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@Jun 2 2005, 03:35 PM
i work for a company that makes electronic stuff for tanks, planes and helicopters. slip rings is what we make. i work in the plastic molding area and IT SUCKS!! i hate every minute that im there!!
[post=506907]Quoted post[/post]​

Which is why you need to move back asap and be a book picker.... like me. haha

i cut down trees now. Used to fix tanks and do the same as 92b16vx and outlandish but now all i do is cut trees. Pretty sad huh.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 2 2005, 04:25 PM
I can't wait to get back into the civilian world.
[post=506941]Quoted post[/post]​

Its a great great thing. Ive been doing this job for 8 months and make more that 4 years in the military

During the school year I work at my family's resturant doing pretty much everything but coolking. Its good for me because Im able to work fri-sat-sun and go to school the rest of the week. Summers I usually work graveyards at the local postal distribution facility. The job is boring as hell, pay is fair, but I get tons of hours.

<--Helicopter Mechanic...nothing special... ;)

Originally posted by Airjockie@Jun 2 2005, 08:21 PM
<--Helicopter Mechanic...nothing special... ;)
[post=507007]Quoted post[/post]​

Sweet.....!

I work at a corrugated Plant,....NORAMPAC buff div.
Im what they call a Top Knive Man...(Machine Operator). My job is pretty simple but it can get frustrating sometimes, but i like it....
I sit most of the time and talk in the phone...I even try to sleep while the machine its running.....lol....

I Only make about 42K a year.....Not bad for a High school drop out. :p

i'm inbetween semesters at college(AOS in autobody) but i work at a Monroe mufler &brake. Pay really depends on how hard I work in any given week.

Originally posted by tylonalsnifnfool@Jun 2 2005, 08:45 PM
i'm inbetween semesters at college(AOS in autobody) but i work at a Monroe mufler &brake. Pay really depends on how hard I work in any given week.
[post=507021]Quoted post[/post]​

They su*k....They messed up my muffler back when i was a ricer.....lol
they also charged me 400 bux to install some brakes.....
But then again that was about 7 years ago..lol

I'm a Union Tilesetter by trade, but the contractor that I work for does mostly granite, marble and terrazzo. I make around 50K, (depending on if and how long I am laid off), so the wifey takes care of the kids and the house. Side jobs are the shit! I can make $750 for fabricating and installing a granite countertop evenings and one weekend. But, sadly, that doesn't happen every week.

yeah there are a few fucksticks at the shop i work at the screw shit up on a regular basis. I'm not sure about the shop you went to but i think where i work the parts cost 2x what you can get them at NAPA for and labor is currently up to 76/hour also.

right now i work for a valet company all over the county. its sweet as hell. i make very little for my wage so barely any taxes and great tips. o and i also get to beat on rich bastards porsches. i also should be getting a job during the day as a summer mantience worker at my old high school. sounds like its gonna suck but good pay and plenty of hours to occupy my day.

i work at a local toyota/cadillac/pontaic/gmc dealership. i detail the cars before they are delivered. normally buff,wax,(wetsand here and there)shampoo carpets. its a pretty laid back job good pay and i work with a bunch of goofs,so i am entertained throught the day.

last summer and this summer ive been working at Hinsdale Greyhound Racing Track and OTB (off track betting). i punch tickets for people, i take bets over the phone in the office and i do general office work as well as doing forms that tell us how much we made/loss blah blah blah. during my breaks from school i substitute teach at the local highschool, cant beat doing nothing, letting the kids fuck around and getting 80 dollars a day.

I work for about 120 car dealerships doing follow up calls for service and sales. Basically quality assurance for service, and get all the financial info (minus like bank acct numbers) that the salesperson should have gotten. Pretty easy job.

Working with about 30 chicks helps, so does the pay. Its pretty laid back and easy. If you talk with a southern accent the people you talk to arent bad either.

i am a tech.

worked at honda for 2 years, am honda almost master tech.

worked at toyota for 1 year, no schooling for toyota.

now i work at a used car dealer as a tech great pay.

I'm a full time fork lift driver and recieving department head @ UPS. i see a lot of good honda parts go through....this one time i recieved a greddy turbo kit and signal intercooler.

Back