sohc vtec head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jlek9

I'm planning to swap a ex vtec head with my 96' D16Y7 head and was wondering what difference it would make and would it be worth it?

its worth doing, its an inexpensive way to get some additional horsepower out of a d-series motor.

just make sure you wire vtec correctly and use the correct ecu.

do it- <$400 for 30 horse is worth it in my book.
search this site- we have a few threads about mini me's already

I just got a couple offers for the vtec head... one of them is off a 95 civic. The guy says it should work, but I heard you should only swap with the same year or higher?... :huh:

the y8 head offers a better queche area and thus mroe compression. if you can pick up a 96+ ex head, i say get that instead

i was wondering if you have to be well known to get replys to a topic you start? cuz i asked the same question and i got one reply. just curious. i am a noob, but isnt this a forum to ask questions about what you dont know?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 28 2002, 11:46 PM
do it- <$400 for 30 horse is worth it in my book.
search this site- we have a few threads about mini me's already

Actually, the reply he got was much like yours. The rest was just an offshoot discussion.

Originally posted by eyesonlybob@Oct 29 2002, 09:00 AM
i was wondering if you have to be well known to get replys to a topic you start? cuz i asked the same question and i got one reply. just curious. i am a noob, but isnt this a forum to ask questions about what you dont know?

Well if the same question is asked twice in a row, whyare people going to respond to both of them.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 29 2002, 05:10 AM
the y8 head offers a better queche area and thus mroe compression. if you can pick up a 96+ ex head, i say get that instead

i thought most of that was from the Y8 gasket being half as thick as the Z6 one ????

the Y8 has a square combustion chamber, as opposed to the z6 (and 99% of the other honda motors) which gives it more queche area which = .2 CR and stuff :)

Thanks for all the help and suggestions. I appreciate it.

eyesonlybob Posted on Oct 29 2002, 09:00 AM
------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry didn't mean to throw your question off.

Back