Sol Cf Roof And Trunk

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
lsvtec was raging about how imporfan.com sucked so much so i checked it out and found these

Sol cf stuff

:ghey: thing about it is they dont have any weights on it. The stock roof is only 22 lbs, i wonder how much less the cf is. (no i am not even thinking about buying one, maybe when i can aford to repaint the whole car champine white or skyline silver or blue)

i'm with lsvtec on the oponion about the site... i think it blows nuts, the navagation sucks at a high resolution... you can't read shit. but i don't see what's wrong with carbon fiber body parts, as long as they get painted.

yea.. but what's going to happen is:

ricer gets CF hood, roof and trunk lid... so you have a white car with cf parts on the top and it looks like a skunk.

or... just a CF roof... hella ghey. no paint

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Feb 21 2003, 12:58 PM
yea.. but what's going to happen is:

ricer gets CF hood, roof and trunk lid... so you have a white car with cf parts on the top and it looks like a skunk.

or... just a CF roof... hella ghey. no paint

there is complete cf acura around somewhere. it was in one of the car mags a couple months ago. the entire body is cf, and so is like 99% of the interior! im talking REAL carbon fiber.

hey...listen to this story.

i bought a crashed del sol this summer for 200, was flipped with 3 people in the car, completely mangled although all 3 survived. well, the targa top was in the trunk, and unscathed...in perfect shape, and some kid contacted me after i advertised it on either hondaswap or honda-tech.

well it turns out he was having his targa top done over in carbon fiber and the whole process had taken a month longer than he had expected, and "it was getting cold out" in his words as he lived in chicago.

so i sold the top to him for 125 plus shipping, which isn't bad considering i sold the seats for 250, put the motor in my dads 95 hatchback, used the ecu in my sisters car, and robbed every other part that was worthwhile off of it...

so i don't mind these carbon fiber products, as long as it makes me money and causes the other guy to spend more money on pointless things that don't make his car any faster.

but what i was thinking about is that lightinig up the rear of the car is not good for handling (makes the sol weight ratio go even further to the front) and probally wont do anything for draging. Yes a totally cf car would be cool (even non painted all cf but if it had one old panel it would look dumb) you would not have to worry about dings and rust. The sol is extremly heavy so as more companys make CF product for it the better. I am sure that the doors, and rear quater panel (where the gas filler is) are pretty heavy. 1 lb here, one lb there will start to add up. making a sol come close to the 2000 lb mark would be big.

Originally posted by chet@Feb 22 2003, 01:24 AM
was flipped with 3 people in the car, completely mangled although all 3 survived.

how in the hell did they get 3 people in there, and how did they survive with the top off?!? I saw the pics of it...not pretty

fitting 3 people in a sol is not that hard at all, 4 it gets a little crowded. I have no idea how they would make it out in a crash, with the top off would be even worse.

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Feb 22 2003, 09:51 AM
how in the hell did they get 3 people in there

its pretty easy to get 3 people in there ... you drive and 2 people ride "nuts to buts" in the passenger seat.... and the del sol has a very spacious trunk ... you can easily get 2 more people in there :)

I have fit like 5 people in passenger seat once (for like a half mile) but 1 in the passenger seat all the way up and then 2 behind that seat is no problem

Back