some people have way to much time on their hands

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

right, tan-1(2/5) = 78.69 deg, tan-1(3/8) = 82.87 deg... that is if i'm using this silly windows calc right... the angles are not the same

That wouldn't work if the large shape were a triangle. It's not, but the optical illusion caused by the near-indetectible change in slope of the lines of the smaller triangles makes you think you can use basic triangle geometry to try to solve the puzzle.

I started to see something was wrong when I added up the areas of the smaller shapes and came up with 32 units, and when I tried calculating the area of the large "triangle", I came up with 32.5 units.

I need to go to bed. My head hurts.

lol, i'm taking physics, thats my excuse ;) thank god i'm done with calc... i hate math, lol

Math is straightforward, logical, and relatively easy to understand. Chicks are not.

However, math does not have boobs. This poses a serious problem.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 22 2002, 12:17 AM
Math is straightforward, logical, and relatively easy to understand. Chicks are not.

However, math does not have boobs. This poses a serious problem.

Damn, i think someone needs to make that a postualte :)

In order to best understand this proposed postulate, we need to consider one thing:

Beer.

In light of that, I say we throw women and math out the window, and concentrate on consuming mass amounts of beer.

yes mass amounts alcohol are in need, but you forgot one thing. We need to get the women drunk too

Dammit Chris you beat me to it. you win this one...
Math rocks, it's logic in its purest form.

I love this pic
beavisbushcheny.jpg

Back