some pics of antique cars

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am not too sure how many Shelby's were built? I didn't that those were all the COPO's were left, I would love to see one in person, I am going to have to start going to some shows.

ive never seen a COPO or real shelby ever, but i know that there is a show (im pretty sure on the west coast) that is just for COPO's, Yenko's and the like. I saw it on TV once (My Classic Car). Real nice show, talk about sleepers. As far as comparing the two, they are both hella expensive for the real thing, ive seen original cobras at that auction they show on TV (forgot the name) go for more than 150,000. i think that would be considered a good deal. same thing for the COPO's though. can you imagine buying one as a kid for what, 7, 8 grand? and still having it now? talk about a good investment!

-Chris

As far as comparing the two, they are both hella expensive for the real thing, ive seen original cobras at that auction they show on TV (forgot the name) go for more than 150,000. i think that would be considered a good deal.

Who said the originals were going for $150,000?

have seen replica's go for $150,000 in California

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 7 2003, 09:29 AM
As far as comparing the two, they are both hella expensive for the real thing, ive seen original cobras at that auction they show on TV (forgot the name) go for more than 150,000. i think that would be considered a good deal.

Who said the originals were going for $150,000?

have seen replica's go for $150,000 in California

My dad built a house for a guy that had an original shelby. Said it would go for anywhere near 250k if he wanted to sell it, and yeah he had a 360 modena and marranello also so wasn't saying much.

I believe they weigh under 2500 lbs and had atleast 425 hp not sure of the exact specs.

Yeah, I think those specs are pretty close, I knew it was around 400 HP 2500lbs, but I wasn't totally sure. That is pretty much a 400 Naturally Aspirated CRX. Can't go wrong with that.

EDIT: Page 2 :owned:

Theres a Yeko around here that got totally restored and the dumbass used the wrong primer with a laquer topcoat and its cracking all over. a 8 year resotration down the drain, not to mention all the guys money. the fuck of it is the guy who owned the car is having it painted again by the same guy. i thought i heard it was worth something like 300k

Damn, that totally sucks, if he gets it painted for free, I would go back to the same guy, then if it fucks up again I would sue the bastard.

Back