Somebody Please Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

a freind of mine has a prob with the heater and a/c on his g2 teggy. the fan wont work at all. all the lights work and u can hear the vents moving when u swith it up from defrost to face to feet or whatever. anyways i thought it was a fuse and there was a fuse blown but when we replaced it it still didnt work. and there was actually a good bit of smoke and a burning smell coming from the dash. we tried ripping the dash apart to see if there was a short or somethin but i couldnt find my voltemeter. anyways any ideas what the hell could be wrong. my best guess is theres a horrible short somewhere

What kinda reply is that? I can understand if he said 'how many foot-pounds should I torque my headbolt down to' or 'what are the steps to removing the head from my block', but he is asking an honest question. Don't try to 'fit in' on this site by saying shit like that.

I would try pulling the dash and turning the accessories back on--maybe you can find where the smoke is coming from and report back.

Originally posted by ghettocivic@Jan 13 2003, 01:03 PM
a freind of mine has a prob with the heater and a/c on his g2 teggy. the fan wont work at all. all the lights work and u can hear the vents moving when u swith it up from defrost to face to feet or whatever. anyways i thought it was a fuse and there was a fuse blown but when we replaced it it still didnt work. and there was actually a good bit of smoke and a burning smell coming from the dash. we tried ripping the dash apart to see if there was a short or somethin but i couldnt find my voltemeter. anyways any ideas what the hell could be wrong. my best guess is theres a horrible short somewhere

the a/c on my crx stopped working once and i got the same burning smell and a little smoke. hate to tell you this but it was a fried circuit board inside the climate control panel. i have no idea how it got fried, but it did. replaced the climate control panel with a new one from the dealer (the mechanic said he couldnt find one in a junk yard), and it has been working fine ever since. that was about 8 years ago. he showed me the fried circuit board and it had partially melted. my guess is that after time, some of those panels develop a mad short of some kind that fries them. and every time you turn it on it fries even more.

Pull the plug off the heater fan and then using a car battery connect the positive lead to the power lead on the fan and touch the ground lead to the heater fan casing, if it spins then check the circuits and wiring for the climate control, but odds are the fan is what burned out.

Back