Speedo Not Working

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

So, my speedo has not been working at all, replaced the speedo cable and plugged it into the lsd trans as someone had mentioned, but the speedo doesnt work, could it be that i need a 90 integra vss? or could it be something like the gauge cluster itself, because i noticed that someone had rolled back the milege.

as long as the cable is turning while you are moving, the gears in the vss are good, because there is no sensor, just the cable & gears

the easiest way to check would be to pull your guage cluster, and stick your speedo cable or the broken one you replaced in the guage cluster and manually spin it with your hands/drill whatever.... if the speedo moves-your guage cluster is aok if not its fuxored

let us know what happens B)

I took off the electrical part of the lsd vss because i needed a mechanical, then someone told me to just plug in the speedo cable, i'm having a friend today take out his gauge cluster to see if mine is done, he has a 89 crx dx that did run, but needs a new alternator. So i know his is not messed up.

Another question, when i go to wire up my tach, where do i splice the sensor for the rpms into? is there a wire that goes into the gauge cluster that i use?

im pretty sure its the blue wire on your distributor... but id search somewhere else to make sure

(thats where the tach that was on my car was spliced into when i bought it) so unless it was done wrong thats where it goes

wrong, you should wire your tach up to one of the wires that goes to your dist. best way to find the wire is to use a test light.
hook up your tach postive to positive neg to neg and hook up the clamp of the test light to the green wire of the tach, start you car and find which wire is the tach signal wire. once found that is the wire you need to splice into.

Well, im not gonna be able to try any of this shit because my alternator took a shit, the one from hmo w/ my swap, now should i give them a call, shouldnt they replace it?

Originally posted by ripperbone@Jun 23 2005, 02:53 PM
wrong, you should wire your tach up to one of the wires that goes to your dist. best way to find the wire is to use a test light.
hook up your tach postive to positive neg to neg and hook up the clamp of the test light to the green wire of the tach, start you car and find which wire is the tach signal wire. once found that is the wire you need to splice into.
[post=515706]Quoted post[/post]​

edit i mean dizzy, i dont know why i said alternator... maybe because 2 min before i typed this my boss had me looking at his xterra because he just had a new alternator put in and i told him he got ripped off blah blah blah i meant blue wire going into the dizzy

i always wire mine right to the ECU, so theres not as many wires running from inside the car through the wire wall into the engine bay.

Its wired and mounted now, but i cant check it cuz the car wont start, alternator is shot. Should HMO send me another one since i bought the complete swap from them?

i doubt it, but wont hurt to call and see.... but i bet they will say, oh well it worked when we had it so who knows wat u did to it, or they mite give ya a new one.

Speedo works now, finally got time to check it, and it wasnt mating into the cluster.

Back