Spoon Sports Non-adjustable Damper Kits

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

La_Pieuvre

I found these Spoon Sports Non-adjustable Damper Kits on modacar.com for $795 (reg. $899) and I wanted to know what you guys think about them...I have my eyes set on the Tein SS coilovers (which I'll get through Jason) but the Spoons are quite a bit cheaper...I know that the Spoons are non-adjustable, but I mostly want a bit of lowering...because my car has mad fender gap (see pics in sig) and I also want a bit stiffer suspension.

I still think the Teins are the way to go, but you can never have too many choices.

The Spoons have the following specs: Front Drop 2.2" Rear DRop 1.7" Front Spring Rate 24k. Rear spring rate 28k

im sure they are good but i would go with the teins. if you wanted just a spring shock setup like the spoon then you should buy like a koni,tokico,kyb setup with springs. save couple hundred too.

I really like how those look. I can see that these could be very nice, and that they COULD be alot better than a spring/shock set up, as these are matched to eachother, and made for a specific car weight... just my opinion, and if that drop is what you want, and you dont care if you adjust it than I would say its worth the $200 you save over tein ss, which I have heard arent all that amazing.

i could be wrong but the spoon setup is a shock spring setup, no sleeve. ask pissedoffsol what he thinks about his teins i assure you he thinks they are good and he has been on several setups. and oh yeah you can have shocks adjusted to your spring setup.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Mar 5 2003, 09:39 PM
i could be wrong but the spoon setup is a shock spring setup, no sleeve. ask pissedoffsol what he thinks about his teins i assure you he thinks they are good and he has been on several setups. and oh yeah you can have shocks adjusted to your spring setup.

I know that Brian swears by them :lol: ...I just thought the Spoons might be worth considering...I've been wanting Teins for a long time, but I don't know if I'll really use the adj. of the SS

I know it is off topic, but what series tires are you running? 55's? They look kind of fat considering you have aftermarket rims :D . I'm just curious.

well if i had it to over again i would have saved a few hundred extra and got the teins. my only reason for wanting adj. is if i get pulled over for my car being too low (which happens a lot in orlando) i can just change the height instead of having to get a new setup. im sure the spoon are great i mean they are spoon.

Originally posted by preluderjs@Mar 5 2003, 09:54 PM
I know it is off topic, but what series tires are you running? 55's? They look kind of fat considering you have aftermarket rims :D . I'm just curious.

nah, they're 50's...I don't think they look that fat, the fender gap is just horrible though

Look at TEIN HR's, they are basicly the same thing as the HA's and SS's but no dampering adjustment but you still have height adjustment, plus they are probally a tad cheaper then the spoons.

Tein HR's

A guy on Hondatech is selling some used for 600
HT guy

Originally posted by La_Pieuvre@Mar 5 2003, 09:45 PM
I've been wanting Teins for a long time, but I don't know if I'll really use the adj. of the SS

the adjustability isnt so you can change the height of your car every other week ( :fr: ) its so you can adjust it to the best hight for handling then get it corner balanced so that you have equal cornering ability for left and right hand turns, and a little better weight distribution.... if you fuck with the height you need an alignment again.... so set em and forget em... if anything set them at the begining of the season then raise it up for winter, but you will need to get it re-aligned at the new hight

when he said adjustability i think that he ment the dampering.

Height is nice so that way you can find a height for you that you like then just keep it that way. Some setups you cant.

I have been told that corner balancing is actually bad for handling, that you should have it set the same at each corner, even if it doesnt look quite perfect height wise...maybe I have been mis informed.

Originally posted by mwasnp@Mar 5 2003, 11:37 PM
I have been told that corner balancing is actually bad for handling, that you should have it set the same at each corner, even if it doesnt look quite perfect height wise...maybe I have been mis informed.

ahh go to a race like rolex 24 hrs or sebring 12 hrs and watch them do it.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Mar 5 2003, 11:31 PM
when he said adjustability i think that he ment the dampering.

Height is nice so that way you can find a height for you that you like then just keep it that way. Some setups you cant.

yeah, I meant dampening...I won't change the height more than once

sorry about that then :) i get a little trigger happy
im so used to people saying to get coilovers just for the ability to change height whenever "...you can put them at one height for normal driving... then drop it for racing, going out, shows etc etc etc...."

Back