Sport Compact National

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigC-ivic

Hey guys, I hate to be a self promoting whore, but this is my firast magazine article and I thought I'd share.

I'm not sure if you have heard of Sport Compact National, its a Canadian magazine.
Well....

Today in the mail I got an advanced copy of it (it should be on shelves in a week).
It has an article in it that I wrote! And a friend of mine took the photos. I have had a few things published in The Ottawa Citizen, but this is my first Magazine. (And its the cover story)

If you'd like to help out an aspiring journalist then you could pick a copy of this mag. (or get a subscription) It's actually a really good magazine. Lots of nice cars, good writing, and excellent install guides.

here is the link to the magazine's home page http://www.sportcompactnational.com/index2.htm

it should be updated in a few days

and here is what the front cover will look like

40.jpg

Thanks

Colum Wood

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Dec 2 2004, 12:25 AM
are you on staff?
what article do you right
[post=424943]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm a freelance writer... so I get paid by the article.

I wrote the cover story on the EG

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Dec 2 2004, 12:36 AM
nice so do you get more money if i go buy one
[post=424952]Quoted post[/post]​

nope, I get paid regardless, (its certainly not making me rich).

I suppose if the magazine sells more copies then its good for the magazine (it can't be bad for me).
If the magazine started disappearing off shelves then it would probably get larger and I might get more work.

I'm just really happy to be doing automotive writing.

if you are interested, in the past I always found copies at Chapters (I'm not just a writer, I'm a full-fledged Honda nut, I love my DA)

Back